Hsc At Tafe? (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
uh..hey just wondering when the last day to apply? do you have to obtain an application directly from tafe? how is the candidate selected?

phatic

HSC
Sasky said:
Oh, I need to really make sure about this.

I'm repeating all but one of my subjects - but Ive heard that u cant do subjects in ONE year - u need to do them in TWO for the HSC.
It's only one subject out of 5 that I havent done - do u think they'll let me? I rang up the college a billion times but they keep saying they'll ring me back, but they still havent. Do they or dont they let u do the HSC in ONE year?
Yes, they do let you do the HSC in one year.

Ultimo only let you do 3 subjects if you want to do them in one year, due to the increased workload.

North Sydney allow you to do all 5 subjects in one year, but they don't recommend it, for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure about Bradfield, sorry.

I don't think it matters whether you've done the subject before or not, at least that's how I understand it. You'll repeat the prelimenary regardless, it'll just be a very short prelimenary... like one month. Both prelimenary and HSC courses are combined into the one year program. That's how it works with English Extension at North Sydney anyway, so I imagine this is how other subjects are run also.

Aslong as Bradfield has similar rules to North Sydney, they should let you do four subjects.

phatic

HSC
69^boi said:
uh..hey just wondering when the last day to apply? do you have to obtain an application directly from tafe? how is the candidate selected?
It's different for each campus. You're probably better off ringing whichever one you're interested in attending and asking them...

I know Ultimo's enrolment day is around the 22nd, and North Sydney's around the 27th. Again, not sure about Bradfield.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
Sasky i thought you cant repear yr 12 at bradfield as they have their hsc assesment in term 3?

Sasky

HSC
69^boi said:
Sasky i thought you cant repear yr 12 at bradfield as they have their hsc assesment in term 3?
wHAT Da?

DO u mean u cant repeat yr.11+12 together in one year? Or yr.12 in one year?
Hsc assessment term 3? Do u mean trials?

69^boi

HSC
N/A
no i mean you cant repeat yr at bradfield coz they their 1st hsc assesment in term 3 like most school? also are you repeating just yr 12 asumming your an o4'er or yr11+12. sorry for the confusion.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
69^boi said:
all yea answerinh these question will be helpful too phatic & thanks phatic

Sasky

HSC
yes... what is wrong wit ur english!!! :D (ha ha lookies @ mine)

But yeah, did HSC 2004.

So in CLEAR english, ur saying: I cant do one year of either the HSC+Prelim(yr.11) OR the HSC again THIS year at Bradfield?

Or no?

69^boi

HSC
N/A
69^boi said:
you know WHAT? just forget whateva i said due to my lack of grammer & answer this question above!! thanks and its in regards to bradfield.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
http://www.bradfieldcollege.info

follow the link , I think its too late to apply for bradfield anyway because it runs on a similar timetable to school and they usually cant fit any extra people in cos they have like 270 + people doing they're HSC there.
you'd be better off applying at north sydney, ultimo, granville or randwick their programs are just as good and bankstown, gymea & wollongong ain't half bad either
I should know I've been going to TAFE since year 10

69^boi

HSC
N/A
thanks hey i was wondering if your like in yr10 and going into yr11....can you your full prelimary at tafe? & full Hsc the year after that(besides bradfield cos its a senior high school), i think i should done because its a more relaxed, adult envronment. which tafe you go to?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
you can do a prelim year at randwick& granville and to a lesser extent bankstown
I personally did yr 10 then did 3 subjects matric, its better that way if you do extension and yeah its a heaps better environment, me and friend try to get as many kids as possible to escape the horror that is school and go to TAFE instead, I mean one of the props is that we got around 15hrs worth extra tuition if we wanted in the ILC for math or english and our bio teacher is a uni prof. and he is in the paper all the time. plus the people are a million times better. I personally go to 3 diff. TAFEs Bankstown, Gymea and Wollongong

no the second one is the old no. that TAFE referred to the HSC with . The first is the new one. prelim is part of hsc studies 6500 sorta like your first year subs at uni

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
look at the links and their no.s 4142 is the old reference no. , 6500 is the new one

by the way which TAFE and courses are u looking at cos the list on TAFENSW's siteis so totally off on the subs

69^boi

HSC
N/A
ohhh i see its say it been replaced by course by the old course 4142!!! got lost there lol!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)