HSC at Tafe - urgent help needed. (1 Viewer)

Heliotrope

HSC
Okay. So this might have been covered in the stickied posts, but I think the info there may be a bit dated, and I could really use the reassurance.

I'm planning to do my HSC at Tafe in 09, having dropped out of this year due to illness. My school (a selective school) strongly suggests that I undertake it at school instead, making the valid point that the cohort will bring my UAI up. However, I'm basically done with high school at this point and I can't stomach the thought of ever going back. So I'm somewhat concerned about my potential UAI if I choose to go ahead with Tafe, because I need a 99+ desperately.

I guess a lot depends on the cohort (though I realise my rank within it is the main thing), which at Tafe may not be as stable as in a selective school. What I would like to know is, is there is a Tafe which has a reputation of producing consistently solid HSC results? And also... in your year at Tafe how many students achieved above 99? Has a Tafe student ever gotten 100?

And just to confirm, I can get recognition for having completed prelim year, correct? And I can undertake the 10 (possibly 12) units I need to, all within the year?

Also, if you can tell me which Tafe you were at, and how you found everything, that'd be great. Really... I'll be very grateful to anyone who can offer me any scrap of advice/guidance whatsoever. Please, and thank you. :)

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
at my tafe college we did the TPC, not the HSC. one student topped the state and got a perfect TES of 300 and quite a few were in the 290's. thing is, with this course some uni's don't accept it unless you're over a certain age (ranges from 18 - 21) and there's some conditions.

i wouldn't be too concerned about the cohort at tafe, those who are timewasters either drop out or are kicked out and those who stay on are the ones who REALLY want to learn. the atmosphere was really laidback at the tafe i went to, our teachers would come to the pub with us and we were all friends tbh.

a girl i know is redoing her hsc at randwick tafe, she's aiming for a high UAI to get into BPharm. at USyd. she's doing just one year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)