HSC Aligning and ATAR Calculation (1 Viewer)

nofate

HSC
Can someone confirm that I'm understanding the whole alignment and scaling process correctly?

Let's say Math Extension 2. Say the cutoff for an E4 is 70% and you get 70% raw in the test. This will then be aligned to a 90 HSC Examination Mark. (Let's just say the Assessment Mark was the same) - resulting in a 90 HSC Mark. In ATAR Calculators, you then put this 90 in, and that approximates to around 99. For that subject, you would get an equivalent of 99 ATAR.

Although I know the ATAR people use separate marks, the ATAR Calculators are still pretty accurate. So is the process, from a 70% Raw Mark to a 99 ATAR correct?

Thanks

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone confirm that I'm understanding the whole alignment and scaling process correctly?

Let's say Math Extension 2. Say the cutoff for an E4 is 70% and you get 70% raw in the test. This will then be aligned to a 90 HSC Examination Mark. (Let's just say the Assessment Mark was the same) - resulting in a 90 HSC Mark. In ATAR Calculators, you then put this 90 in, and that approximates to around 99. For that subject, you would get an equivalent of 99 ATAR.

Although I know the ATAR people use separate marks, the ATAR Calculators are still pretty accurate. So is the process, from a 70% Raw Mark to a 99 ATAR correct?

Thanks
Not too sure about that, but here is something to help you with aligning:
View attachment rawmarkdatabase v2.0.pdf
And you are right about how what you put into the calculator is the average between your aligned exam mark and scaled internal mark :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)