HSC Again (1 Viewer)

seedorf

HSC
N/A
hey guys, just wondering, am i allowed to defer a year of uni and re-do the HSC during that deferred year? or is that not allowed?

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
If you got into your course, why would you want to repeat?

hatty

Banned
what would be ur reason for re-doing ur HSC?
people re-do their HSC so they can get a better UAI to get into their desired uni course, but if u already got an offer to get into uni, then why are u doing ur HSC again? unless the course they offered you isn't what you wanted, in which case, why need to defer? just re-do ur HSC and get better marks to get into a different course.

CrashOveride

HSC
Maybe she feels the need to get get 100 UAI.
And top all her subjects.
All with perfect scores.

superbird

HSC
I dont think you can as if you do the HSC again and you perform worse than your previous year, they take only your most recent HSC marks (somebody plz correct me on this if I am wrong). That means you might obtain a lower UAI and hence will miss out on your place.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
seedorf said:
hey guys, just wondering, am i allowed to defer a year of uni and re-do the HSC during that deferred year? or is that not allowed?
Yes, that's fine.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
miaomiao said:
If you got into your course, why would you want to repeat?
i also agree why you wanna repeat the HSC if you got in your course?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i would hate to learn with all the people from previous year, that would be the biggest reason why i would do my hsc again

seedorf

HSC
N/A
i made it into Social Science U/Syd., i WANT to get into International Studies U/Syd. hence im going to try HSC again in the hope of getting a higher UAI. I also feel that it would be safer if i defer my current course, so that if i somehow get a worse UAI mark i could just take the Social Science course that i got this time around. I'm thinking this plan is relitavely sound as i was born in 1988, (skipped one year in primary school) hence ill be on a more level playing ground with students my age and i have the experience of having done the HSC before. But i've never heard of anyone deferring a course to do HSC again, so im thinking there might be some disadvantages and ill just keep researching into this, until im absolutely sure of what im doing.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
IMO you should consider all your options and try to find someone who transferred into your desired course and ask them what their GPA/UAI was, and who doesn't do international studies at ANU :p

D.Larie

Wow, 1988, you're young!

If you eventually decide not to redo the HSC, you can probably transfer to International Studies after a year of doing Social Science.

sladehk

le random
HSC
hey i'm a 1988er too. being young si good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)