HSC Advice Line (2 Viewers)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
i wanna ring them but like i dunno what to ask, like what sort of things can you ask, coz its pretty hard for them to listen to your creative or like an essay, because in the actally exam they'll look at spelling and grammar etc........

danz90

HSC
I just rang up and asked about a past Paper 2 King Lear question that I quite didn't understand. They were actually quite helpful, the lady definitely knew what she was talking about.

Pretty good service IMO.

xJennax

HSC
I'm kinda nervous to ring up lol, but I probably will later about a business studies question.

SpoonSamba

HSC
lyounamu said:
Why would you want to do it? By wasting their time, you are wasting not only theirs but others who may be waiting in line. This is really serious and you shouldn't really consider doing that. And yeah, they are knowledgable. I sorta heard that they are markers or people who are in charge or something.

I reckon I will call them up to see to get some useful tips for maths.
ok yeh i wasnt srsly going to do it, but its hardly the kids help line so chillll

and i know for a fact that they are teachers, they arent in charge of the hsc or anything they're just teachers, probably teachers who do hsc marking, but still it depends who you get to talk to as to whether they can help u or not, we all respond differently to different teachers.

xJennax

HSC
Hmm I wonder what it costs outside of NSW. Coz I live in NSW but I have QLD phone number...weird, I know! lol

VampireGirl

HSC
Can someone please explain to me what the 'Advice Line Course Timetable' is.
Because at first i thought it meant the dates you can ring in for each subject but it really doesn't make sense to me.
It says Chemistry, 2-15 November, but the exam is on the 6th of November:confused:

danz90

HSC
VampireGirl said:
Can someone please explain to me what the 'Advice Line Course Timetable' is.
Because at first i thought it meant the dates you can ring in for each subject but it really doesn't make sense to me.
It says Chemistry, 2-15 November, but the exam is on the 6th of November:confused:
That's a typo for chem.. on the letter i got from BOS.. it says 2 - 5 November. In other words, if you have a chem question.. there will only be chem advisers in that particular period.

VampireGirl

HSC
Thank you so much! I checked my mailbox and i haven't got my letter yet so thanks for clearing that up for me:D

But i can still call and ask chem questions during october right?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
VampireGirl said:
Thank you so much! I checked my mailbox and i haven't got my letter yet so thanks for clearing that up for me:D

u cud, they just wont have anyone that knows the answer

henry08

HSC
N/A
VampireGirl said:

I don't really think so.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i used the help line last year they are very helpful and useful,

i used the for hospitality and they gave me great advice. but it really just depends on the teacher on the end of the phone.

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
so the advisor-people, do they know what's in this year's hsc? is there any chance they may have written it?

i'm not asking so i can go and threaten them or something,
but i saw on another thread someone saying they got advice about likelihood of a particular thing coming up in an english exam. that implies that the advisor knows what in the upcoming exam right?

are they nice by the way? or do they act stressed out when you ask them something

Lordie

HSC
frogbutt said:
so the advisor-people, do they know what's in this year's hsc? is there any chance they may have written it?

i'm not asking so i can go and threaten them or something,
but i saw on another thread someone saying they got advice about likelihood of a particular thing coming up in an english exam. that implies that the advisor knows what in the upcoming exam right?

are they nice by the way? or do they act stressed out when you ask them something
Nopeys, they don't know what's in this year's paper. There are probably just a handful of people who've seen each subjects paper, and all paper's are held under HIGH security - it's crazy!

henry08

HSC
N/A
Can you ring the advice line out of specified hours? I.e. now? Would there still be people there to help you at the moment (i.e for English)?

gen01

HSC
that line is great. it has helped me out alot with my english preperation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)