HSC 2004: which school will top? (1 Viewer)

Bond_007

come on no one has faith in the Public school education

my school always comes near the top every year

and thats right where a public school

:)
Bond

lala2

Banned
HSC
Bond 007, are you from a non-selective public school. Cos if you are, are you from Killara High?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Phanatical said:
I wish I could say Girraween were climbing the ranks, but since I finished the HSC in 2002, the standard has been dropping in teaching quality (all the good teachers started accepting promotions to other schools as soon as the current principal took control in 2000). But the students are dedicated to learn, with or without the facilities that Kings School has.

The biggest strength, in my opinion, that Girraween has over the supposedly better selective schools is that while James Ruse and Baulkham Hills promote competition Against each other for the best marks, Girraween provided a balance between academic excellence, and loyalty to one's classmates. While at James Ruse, coming first is all that is important, at Girraween we always managed to have fun with each other and with our teachers.

http://www.girra.quest3000.net/sportsreport/soccer2001.htm

The function of our schools is not just to prepare students for the HSC, but to develop our youth into well-rounded individuals. I believe in this respect, Girraween students are kinder, more sociable and all-round better people than students of so-called smarter schools.

So maybe it doesn't really matter how well our schools do in the HSC. Maybe we should be looking at what type of people they come out as.
haha no one can own my school in sport ESHS.

pungpui

HSC
my english teacher is our depty n an HSC English judger and he did mention this year that although JRAHS is always the top school (at least in recent times), he said watch out for BHHS, he reckons very soon they'll take over as top non-selective...based on his observations of English students in judging

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
pungpui said:
my english teacher is our depty n an HSC English judger and he did mention this year that although JRAHS is always the top school (at least in recent times), he said watch out for BHHS, he reckons very soon they'll take over as top non-selective...based on his observations of English students in judging
BHHS will soon take over as top non selective? But it is a selective school.

Farcanell

Obviously I'm biased in saying this (being from BHHS and all), but coming 7th in 2003 was an uncharacteristically poor result... If I remember right, BHHS 2002 and 2001 classes both came 3rd in the state, so if 2003 was simply a one-off result then class of 2004 should be more of a contender, albeit still a long shot compared against them nerds over at ruse.

Whether it really was a one off though I'm not sure. Maths teachers are known to be disappointed with the performance of our grade, but social sciences and history teachers seem to reckon our year is a touch better than previous ones.

At least if our grade stuffs up we don't have to live with the knowledge that we were the ones who sent the school into decline... we were just the ones who continued it :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
theone123 said:
haha no one can own my school in sport ESHS.
The point wasn't that Girraween is an excellent sporting school. The point was that in that particular game, Girraween's team didn't win through superior strength, but through teamwork. They all relied on each other to achieve the win, while the JR team lost because they were fighting with each other as much as with the Girra team.

So while Girraween students may not be as academically brilliant as JR students, they more than make up for it in how brilliant they are as People, in all aspects of their lives (not just studies)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Do you believe that schools such as Girraween are just as deserving of a hall?

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
The government doesn't shower selectives with money. If we want something built, our parents have to sponsor the project. And most of the time they do, because they really value our education.

pungpui

HSC
~dEjA vOuX~ said:
BHHS will soon take over as top non selective? But it is a selective school.
Sorry i meant top selective...must ave been half asleep typing that...c wat the hsc has done to me!

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
HGHS!! woo!!
haha..actually, its gonna have its rank pulled down due to.. me.
its a pity, but why did they let me in? :p

nit

HSC
I'd like to say Sydney Grammar, but there is no way that will happen. JRAHS owns any school in this respect. But we should be up there as usual.

ThugAngel

Rudy
HSC
Kings

This year the Kings school is ready for a big one. We have been geeking it up, even choosing to miss some of out sport practices so that we may study. All those other skools especially Ruse will get worked by the might of sheer theoreticsm. We are intellectual donks and are taking no crap this year and are going to finish top five.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)