HSC 2004 sample Q (1 Viewer)

nicksta_40

HSC
i read that HSC 2004 sample paper, and the ethics Q was
"Outline the ethical system of ONE religion tradition & explain how that tradition gives ethical guidance to believers in ONE of the following areas:" u know the areas already eg: bioethics

I go to Parramatta High, and our teacher never taught us wat an ethical System was, can someone please explain briefly what they mean by it? thnx

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
From the syllabus:

Students learn about:
• the nature, role and significance of ethics:
* ethical systems within TWO religious traditions. Sources for investigation are:
- Buddhism: the five precepts, the Noble Eightfold Path, the morality of the monk
- Christianity: the ten commandments and the ethical systems of the New Testament, the diversity in Christian ethics, eg biblical focus in Protestant ethics, the natural law and teaching authority in Catholic ethics, the Orthodox ethical system
- Hinduism: the ethical implications of samsara and karma, dharma, appropriateness to one’s ashrama
- Islam: the law (Sharia) found principally in the Qur’an, the Sunna, the obligations of the Five Pillars
- Judaism: the Torah as the rule of life, a way of life symbolising ethical principles, eg Pesach (freedom), Gemilut Chassadim, community institutions for the old, the sick, the poor

Ethical Systems are basically where the religions get their ethics from (primary sources-usually sacred texts.... If you are still stuck, I suggest the Macquarie SOR book

If you dont have it, I highly recommend you grab the syllabus so you can go through and "tick off" areas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)