HSC 05 exam question help (1 Viewer)

misspeta

HSC
"Exhibitions are constructed to represent a point of view to an audience"
relating to exhibitions

anyone have notes on this question? or essay?
would be helpful taa

HSC
N/A
Haha, it feels so weird to see 2006ers use my HSC paper for practice :)

Is this the from the "practice" section of the essay questions?
Q.4 : "Discuss this statement, using examples from exhibitions and/or collections you have studied."?

Have you had a look at the markers notes (Board of Studies website)? They are always helpful. Also, make use of your school teacher, thats what they're there for. They should know best!

I never liked the "practice" essay questions, I always thought they were hardest, my teacher thought so too.

Wow you must be really keen, I never did any practice (preparation/study) essays.

misspeta

HSC
not that keen
its for an assessment
due tomorrow
you know how it is haha
almost finished sorta

blind_cat

HSC
our class went to the Art Gallery of NSW and answered the question on the spot. Basically, this question wants you to look at cutorial practice. How the positioning, lighting, direction of artworks achieve and heighten not only the audiences' engagement but also the meaning of the artwork. References to performance art and installation and sculpture are very good. In the case of Sidney Nolan's atr exhibtion, the vectors along the cieling direct the audiences' viw toward the picture, the Australian landscape is accentuate by the timber floors, the positioning of picture (don't memba the name) say Life and Death heighten the contrast of these two elements but also communicate a sense of duality between the two. With the installation "I love America and America love me" by (don't remember..some guy) the audience are part of the artwork and may manipulate the results as they engage with the living artist himself as he is an essential element in the artwork...etc etc Look at galleries and at ART Gall. of NSW they pile the classical art to heigthen the ostentascious feel each artwork contains, the grandosity further exemplified by the high white cieling suggesting endless space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)