hrm, a few questions (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
I hear they hafta milk cows at 6 in the morning over at James Ruse. Is it true? :p ;)

nah, seriously, which other school does Agriculture?

And doesn't Ruse do agriculture in year 11? As in, sit the HSC exam for agriculture in year 11?

damn, i wish i'd done agriculture. Sounds heaps cool. :(

PS I hear a girl called Jenny Liu got like 99 in agriculture, but she is so good it won't count for her UAI this year. wtf, absolutely freaky

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
my school has a full ag plot. ag is offerred from years 8+

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
mount view high, in the hunter valley...we didnt have anyone doing ag in my yr for the hsc though (i think...there might have been...actually, i think there could have been, but it ran off line or something...thats if everyone didnt drop it...i dunno)
i know we had some doing viticulture though

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
We have people doing Ag this year at my school

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
pplz from xxxxxxx agriculture high school??? there r 2 ifink aprt from ruse... there's hurlstone, n that remote place at far west i fink...

edit: btw, would i be flamed if i post in this post and:

a)not agriculture student
b)not doin hsc any more
c)unintentional spams
d)any combination of above??

gilese

AG

I have an ag class at my school Chifley College In The Mount Druitt Area Western Suburbs, ts really good we go to heaps of shows with our cattle and we have a medium size ag plot

Popo Nana

I go to Northholm Grammar, and we have Agriculture from Yr9+

A fair few schools around here (Hills District) have Ag as an elective in Yrs11-12, but so few people do it. It's lots of fun though, going to ag shows, visiting farms...

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
A fair few people do it at Oakhill

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Grey Council
PS I hear a girl called Jenny Liu got like 99 in agriculture, but she is so good it won't count for her UAI this year. wtf, absolutely freaky
what? 99? as if... 99 hsc mark in agriculture gets you a perfect scale... unless she scores 500/500 scale for 10 units already without including ag. LOL.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
1. Ruse does not milk cows at 6am. At least, the students don't. Well, maybe the rural youth ppl might, but not the rest.
2. There are four 'agricultural' high schools, one of which is james ruse. the others are hurlstone, yanco and one other which i can't remember at present =P But there are other high schools that teach ag - e.g. muirfield is one i think.
3. Ag at ruse is compulsory till year 10, and the year 10s do the prelim course. So it's up to you to continue the hsc in yr 11.
4. Yes ag is a really good subject... at least, i enjoyed it heaps ^^

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Grey Council

a quick check of BOS shows she topped the state in ag so i think it has to count cause it will be one of the best units unless she tops 4 other subjects this year with better scaling.

seean

HSC
N/A
Penno High has agriculture we have a class of 14 (04) wev had a class for the past 6 years and had the top student in 2002

trinx32

we do ag at Macquarie Fields high. got a class of 9 i think. i hate that we're up against agricultural high schools... i never did it as an elective in junior years but other ppl have so they have the advantage. :chainsaw:
hehe:D

ben7

Ag notes

We do Ag at our school, which is Moree Secondary College. We started off with a crappy teacher in 1st term and i dont really have any propper notes as such. Our school def doesnt have the resourses of a real Ag school. I enjoy AG but I am kinda all over the place as my text book is vague. 'Senior Australia AG' by A Clarke (Pascel Press). Anyways i was wondering if anyone had any notes they wouldnt mind passing on, im kinda desperate. I have half yearlys for Ag tomorrow ( id ont expet any notes for then, by I will need to work somehting out for HSC), so i should be studying right now. OOoooo rumints digestive system... i need to learn that, oh and pests and disease oh and also all the different methods of plant breeding and genetics, while im on the repoduciton topic, theres all the beef cattle stuff im meant to know about :S.. i think I went ok in Maths though.

oh by the wway isnt there an AG school called Farra?? Well they dress up really AG like at ag exursions... mulskins, stickmans cap.. the whole works. I know farra is a school dunno whether it is an actually Agricultural School.. hmmph who cares.

bye for now.
Ben

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
Re: Ag notes

Originally posted by ben7
We do Ag at our school, which is Moree Secondary College. We started off with a crappy teacher in 1st term and i dont really have any propper notes as such. Our school def doesnt have the resourses of a real Ag school. I enjoy AG but I am kinda all over the place as my text book is vague. 'Senior Australia AG' by A Clarke (Pascel Press). Anyways i was wondering if anyone had any notes they wouldnt mind passing on, im kinda desperate. I have half yearlys for Ag tomorrow ( id ont expet any notes for then, by I will need to work somehting out for HSC), so i should be studying right now. OOoooo rumints digestive system... i need to learn that, oh and pests and disease oh and also all the different methods of plant breeding and genetics, while im on the repoduciton topic, theres all the beef cattle stuff im meant to know about :S.. i think I went ok in Maths though.

oh by the wway isnt there an AG school called Farra?? Well they dress up really AG like at ag exursions... mulskins, stickmans cap.. the whole works. I know farra is a school dunno whether it is an actually Agricultural School.. hmmph who cares.

bye for now.
Ben

i've got some notes back at school...when i get back i'll try and remember to put them in the ag section for you :)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
well, thats what you get for living in the outback, with all those farm animals and the like.

:D

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
ha! funny!

For your information, my parents are from the country side in my home country. . . i've tried to milk cows, i've ridden on cows and donkeys, i've had a whole pail of milk kicked out from under me when my brother poked a stick where he shouldn't have while I was milking, etc etc

and that picture is rather poor . . . can't blame me if something white with black spots that is the right shape for a cow has been mistaken for a cow . . . esp as the school is in the countryside.

:)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i did ag 4 my hsc (finished in 2003) at barker... we did ag shows and all that stuff too

i had 14 in my class in yr 12(i was the only girl), and that's about average for barker

as for whoever was going on about "farra" - i think it's spelt farrer, and it's in tamworth (i'm pretty sure!) - my best friends older brothers went there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)