HPT Hazard Perception Test (2 Viewers)

CieL

HSC
himynameisho said:
I actually chose the most recent one, thought it'd make more sense
The HPT hasn't been altered since it was first introduced.

Oh and thanks for saying thanks.

CieL

HSC
Good luck. It's piss easy. No stress.

dimefan90

HSC
i have tried and failed once already, can someone tell me if people were serious when they said

do not press the screen in scenarios when they tell you to press the screen when its safe to make a turn or safe to overtake,

press the screen straight away in scenarios when they tell you to slow down for an obstacle.

because i tried doing it normally, but failed. this test in no way shows any relevence to how you drive

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It really is as straight forward as people say in the thread.

i.e. you want to turn right you have the green light to turn when ready however a truck is blocking the view on the opposite side of the road so you can't see the oncoming car. You don't touch the screen as it isn't safe to go.

dimefan90

HSC
i went today, and passed. in every one of the turn right videos, i did nothing, and on the slow down or stop ones i pressed it pretty much straight away. except on ones where you have to overtake a bike because in all of them it is not safe to do so at any time.

my licence photo sucks!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Congratulations.

So what got you all confused the first time?

Licence photos pretty much always are bad, pretty much a given.

dimefan90

HSC
the first time i went the screen eas a bit dodgy because the lady at the counter thought i kept touching the screen multiple times

booman08

HSC
mate there a easy way to ace ya greens test just do it on the rta web site until ya get it right then go do it fucking easy

MissSarajevo

HSC
I got caught by speed camera and I'm still on my Red P, but I am eligible for Greep P test now and if I sit for the test next week will they still suspend my licence? I heard that speeding with red P is automatic suspension of licence. My car is registered in company name and so far they dont know I was the driver.

walkahz

HSC
holy crap its possible to fail ur greens test.
I did it the other day so frickin easy it wasnt even funny. Just another waste of $35 because of the rta.
Touch straight away for the slow down ones dont even have to watch the vids turn right ones dont touch at all unless there is like a mile gap lol.

4everYOUNG

HSC
i failed the test, going again this week

what happens if you press the screen eg, when the truck is there when turning right and then you confirm that you didn't press the screen

Would they fail you on that?

Also i think there was one scenario where it's wet weather and it's safe to turn right

did anyone press the screen?

Also when you're driving on that road at night and it asks you when to slow down do you press the screen right away?

or wait til you get closeR?

CieL

HSC
4everYOUNG said:
i failed the test, going again this week

what happens if you press the screen eg, when the truck is there when turning right and then you confirm that you didn't press the screen

Would they fail you on that?

Also i think there was one scenario where it's wet weather and it's safe to turn right

did anyone press the screen?

Also when you're driving on that road at night and it asks you when to slow down do you press the screen right away?

or wait til you get closeR?
Uh no, they won't fail you on confirming you didn't press the screen when you did. That's stupid. My ex said he did press the screen when he didnt [several times] and he passed.

Don't remember the 2nd scenario.. I don't remember it being safe to turn in any of the scenarios.. but that was 2yrs ago..

When the ask me to slow down............. I pressed the screen when I thought I should slow down.. like if something pops out or some shit.. I never pressed the screen straight away, because well, iono.. that's just stupid - what if nothing had happened?!

I don't know.. the test is like really straight forward.. I don't even know why you're asking all these questions because it should naturally occur to you when you should press and when you should not press. Just imagine your finger is your foot on the pedals or something.. I remember I just had my finger hovering over the screen.. pressed it like I would if I wanted to accelerate or brake..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)