hows radiation therapy, diagnostic radiography or nM technology?wats the difference?~ (1 Viewer)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
im thinking of doing one of these three and im wondering if its good? what sorta stuff should u be good at ? and whats the difference? which pays more??!? :D

Theodosius

HSC
I'm deferring, then doing Medical Imaging (radiography) at CSU. I think radiography would be an excellent career- big salary straight off, great demand (people are being recruited before having finished the course), and after 2 years of practise, you can work overseas (ie Saudi Arabia- *everything* paid for, tax-free salary), plus its only a 3 yr course (+1 for hons.)

Tocatina

I have applied for Medical Imaging at CSU as well. Radiation Therapy is the use of radiation to treat patients that have alreadsy been diagnosed, e.g radiotherapy for cancer sufferers. Diagnostic Radiography is the process of diagnosing a problem, e.g X-ray, CT and MRI. For all of these, Physics is needed, as well as Maths.

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
which one would be better to do? radiation therapy, diagnostic radiography or Nm? i mean like salary and job prospects wise?

~Dreamer

HSC
theyre both good jobs in terms of demand and availibility, only bad thing about them is exposure to radiaiton even if its a little amount and can do no harm in short term, you have to be really carefull

Dave85

HSC
Im glad i found this thread!! I put my preferences in today and am really interested in each of those 3 courses. When you said it was a REALLY good pay wat did u guys mean? Like could you guys give me a figure? Are there really heaps of opportunities here and overseas??

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
what uai would you be looking at??

Dave85

HSC
here's last years uai for the 3 courses at syd uni:

B applied science (medical radiation science) Nuclear medicine technology : 81.80
B applied science (medical radiation science) Diagnostic Radiograpghy: 86.10
B applied science (medical radiation science) Radiation Therapy: 81.00

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
hmm..>~ lets see...
i found this quite useful ~and there are other places to find dat kinda info.. i cant remmeber where though hehe~

Dave85

HSC
Thats not bad... sort of wat i was expecting around $40 000. Do u know at all if it increases much. Like wud it always be around 35 - 40k?

Kittycat

HSC
I wanted to do Diag Radiographer but figured that I don't have the brains for it & that I wouldn't get in anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)