how young is too young to get married? (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Re: how young is too young?

engaged now...get married after i finish uni...i.e 23-26 there abouts...but its a subjective kind of question, each to their own. You just have to be sure you yourself are ready.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Re: how young is too young?

Whenever both of you feel is right is the right time to get married methinks.

As a general rule though, probably before 30, but after you've had a little bit of fun in life and done a degree/TAFE/whatever. So between sorta 24 and 30.

But I know of people who got married at 18 and they seem to think its great, as well as people who got married at 36 and are so happy too.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have never seriously thought about marriage before but i genuinely think that if my boyfriend asked me today i would say yes without hesitation, and we've been going out less than a year.

i always thought that 25-35 were good ages for marrage, but either side is ok too. i have family friends that have been together 10 years, and they'll be 29 and 31 this year and all is dandy.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Personally I think its ok to be engaged at about 21, I wouldnt get engaged any younger then that. I havent really thought about it too much really, but IF I were to ever get engaged/married, theres be no way I'd get married any younger than 23. ZOMG...Thats like 3 and a bit years away haha.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
well for me i believe that anyone over the age of 25 are mature enough to make a decsion like marriage.
now i hear some friends talking about there boyfriends and how they want to marry theM because they are sooo in loveee,,,, i feel that its not really LOVE just lust and innocences. it probly wont work out.becasue i think we need to now how to balance life, work , relationship and for all the wogs out their our large familys before we can make a decison on life as a couple forever can work

in my view i dont think i would marry young {25 under} because u see so many people falling in love gettin married then divorcing in a matter of months.its a serious decision
btw how do you know the person is the right "one"

dora_18

HSC
ideally...i want to get married around 25 and have my first kid by 28....
but life really is too damn short...i mean uni alone is going to take at least another 4 years and then theres that long long long list of things you want to do before you settle...the usual things..travel, save money...lol..travel...

i can see why people would get engaged early and get married early...but i dont think i would..for starters i dont think i want to settle so early...and i really want that whole over-the-top lavish wedding that costs way too much..but you do it anyway...and i definitely wouldnt be able to fund that now..which is pretty lame considering you're supposed to marry for love blah blah...but still...its "supposed" to be a one in a life time experience

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i'm against 16-18 year olds getting married. But as long as you're in your 20's and you know whats coming (you arent idiots who have been together for 3 months)
i think its alright

ediisjoz

HSC
16 is waaaaay too young, i mean you can't even drink legally yet, and you're still classified as a child... i say mid twenties is a good time to get married, and up... early 20s if people want but i still say thats too young, people should experience life THEN settle down.

dora_18

HSC
well i mean if people want to do it...do it...some people just "click"..although i think that you need a whole lot more than clicking to have a successful marriage..and in the begining of any relationship everybody highlights their strong points, no one focuses on the weaker ones....so if you get married after only a few months chances are that you're going to find out things about yourselves that you may not like...

i think teens are way too immature to make life long commitments...unless they are really mature for their age..which..lets face...is not exactly common

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i think ppl should be together for at least 2 years before getting married...or at least engaged for that long - that's what engagement is meant to be, gettin to know the person deeper, anyways yeh 20's somewhere are all good.......i don't think 30 and over is too good...... i mean yeah you're young in 20's and want to experience life, but i think experiencing life with your husband/future husband while you're young would be sweeter.

yy

HSC
N/A
i don't see what's wrong with marrying early, it's not like you're married forever anyway. people who marry late still make bad choices and end up divorcing.

besides being married doesn't necessarily stop you from having sex with other people or doing anything that unmarried people can't do. it's just a piece of paper, a registration process, and some legal and financial rights.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yy said:
i don't see what's wrong with marrying early, it's not like you're married forever anyway. people who marry late still make bad choices and end up divorcing.

besides being married doesn't necessarily stop you from having sex with other people or doing anything that unmarried people can't do. it's just a piece of paper, a registration process, and some legal and financial rights.
....well originally, people don't get married to get divorced....they get married thinkin they will be together forever..regardless of wether it ends that way or not. what you do with sex....each to their own....but funny that you consider having sex with others while you're married...i havent come across that viewpoint till now...why get married in the first place if you wanna do that ? :S

lala2

Banned
HSC
25+ is the best time. Just because you need to find yourself first before a partner--there's uni, working, travelling, all that jazz and I'd like to do that before even thinking of getting married! But if I was 30+, I'd resign myself to being a spinster if I wasn't married already by then.

emmadilemma88

at my house, hehe in my room, on my laptop
HSC
:confused: ok i think that the legal age of 18 is good. you've got your whole life ahead of you, what happens if u meet some one better, i mean you may be in love, but be realistic. i know some one who is engaged at my school. shes 18 , i have no problem with that part, but only that shes only dated him a month and he is her first bf.??? ahh, reality check. you'd wanna hope he was rich and hot. lol

celene123

HSC
i think that 20 is young enough to get engaged, depending on how long you have known eachother, but then again, i dont wanna get engaged till i'm at least 25, depends on how much you love the person, go out and have fun before ya get tied down, :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)