How would this work ? (1 Viewer)

antounbros

HSC
hey,

im in year 12 and im a bit confused. For english advanced im like 10/14 rank with a 76% overall internal.

Lets say i then get a 84 external in my hsc, what would happen and what would my mark be ?

The highest mark internal is 92 and lowest is like 65, if that is required)

Thanks in advance

HSC
hey,

im in year 12 and im a bit confused. For english advanced im like 10/14 rank with a 76% overall internal.

Lets say i then get a 84 external in my hsc, what would happen and what would my mark be ?

The highest mark internal is 92 and lowest is like 65, if that is required)

Thanks in advance

Board of Studies are unaware of the difficulty of your internal assessments. So the internal marks you get are tbh really insignificant, however they do serve as somewhat of a guidance to BOS. What determines your internal mark is obviously your rank, but also the performance of your peers and english cohort in the HSC exam. If the internal marks of you and your peers are lower than what you get in the HSC exam, then that indicates to BOS that you guys had difficult exams and thus your internal marks will be moderated to a higher mark. When this moderation process is done, you receive a mark dependent on your rank. So if you're ranked 10th, then you will most likely end up with the 10th highest moderated internal mark.

Simile

HSC
N/A
What happens a persona above you (5th) only gets like mid 60's and you get like 90's.

Simile

HSC
N/A
Would any other information help, or is just too hard to determine in general.

bangladesh

HSC
ye the marks get changed depending on how ur cohort does

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Your internal school assessment marks don't matter. Its really how you and your cohort goes externally. No one can predict your mark because it is really up to your external performance.

Simile

HSC
N/A
I am talking about the externals. If he gets around 60's and he is above me and I get 90's in the externals would it have a profound impact on me, as he is only like is 0.1% percent ahead. And the difference between me and second is like 2%. Sorry for the bad grammar and if I am confusing anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)