How were your trials? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Some people just aren't good at MC, and there are a lot of easy traps in economics because you can justify almost any answer.

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
yeah multiple choice is usually my worst section, i'll get like 14-17 and then 90%+ for the rest of the paper. woo for over analysing questions

uwshm8

uwshm8
HSC
yeh i pretty much screwed up multiples, nailed the rest of the cssa trial but. yes, i am beginning to think that our teacher does mark us generously.. oh well doesnt bother me all i know is that for that test i was 4 marks behind the guy thats highly likely gunna be DUX... and by no means would i consider myself the academic type lol. btw i am unsure why our teacher is still marking with half marks.. considering thats not what happens in the HSC.
ohwell, best of luck... i shall try to write my english speech now!

shakky15

HSC
CSSA - got 89%

got 17/20 for each extended... really pissed me off coz i thought they were pretty good IMO.

and one of those multiple choice questions were pretty dodgy

uwshm8

uwshm8
HSC
shakky15 said:
was that the multiple choice question on which of the following characteristics are not found in developing nations?
from memory i answered unstable political environment and decreased foreign direct investment

peter_aek

HSC
shakky15 said:
CSSA - got 89%

got 17/20 for each extended... really pissed me off coz i thought they were pretty good IMO.

Same as you.
The multiple choice were very dodgy. Especially the one where we had to work out how much national income rose/fell.

Geohood

HSC
I got 72.5 for CSSA... only got 10 and 14 for extended responses...... >_>

Highest was 79.5..... how the hell is everyone so smart on boredofstudies....

shakky15

HSC
uwshm8 said:
was that the multiple choice question on which of the following characteristics are not found in developing nations?
from memory i answered unstable political environment and decreased foreign direct investment
yeh thats the one.. q 15

i answered (B) which was "high levels of income inequality and low living standards"....

wrong because they ARE characteristics..... but in CSSA answer sheet (B) is correct.. lol

still, the teacher had common sense and marked it properly, meaning that either (A) or (C) were both correct answers

u were correct - high levels of FDI flows and stable political institutions... whcih are not characteristics

damn u... lol jks

shakky15

HSC
peter_aek said:
Same as you.
The multiple choice were very dodgy. Especially the one where we had to work out how much national income rose/fell.
YEH i got that rong too!!

the whole concept of the multiplier completely ditched me and i found that leakages were greater then injections... -$10bn... but dfidnt noe how they got the numbers in the answers lol

i took a almost correct guess - i sed that income would rise by $25bn when the answr was that it would fall by $25bn

meh i wont make the same mistake in the HSC so its all ok i guess

peter_aek

HSC
The reason why the question was incorrect was because the information which had been presented reflected the 5 sector economic model. Where as the Keynesian Multiplier only holds true in the three sector economic model. Although -25 Billion was the correct answer according to CSSA an even more correct answer would be -16 billion. Although its not in the syllabus once the economy goes into 5 sectors additional costs must be paid like taxes which would reduce the deficit from -25 to possibly -16.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone but if anyone got that wrong its a very strong argument to use to gain a mark.

Last edited:

tau281290

HSC
Geohood said:

Depends on which school you go to.

Black Hawker

HSC
Got our Economics exam back today.

I got 75% with the highest being 81%. I reckon the average is high 60's low 70's.

Garygaz

HSC
tau281290 said:
Depends on which school you go to.
Mmm school is so so. The teachers all have marking criteria, so for the multiple choice and short answer sections, there were pretty much right and wrong answers. Although, I would have to agree with you when it comes to extended responses, it does make a difference there.

But in saying that, I got 39.5/40 for short answers and 12/20 for multiple choice.... my theory of rushing through didn't work.

Got 86% overall.

HSC
veloc1ty said:
I haven't got the result but I did the test yesterday and am not looking forward to the result (not that it will be terrible, just poor ranks wise).

Edit: not CSSA paper...
Recieved my result: 82%

Mark was about as expected, but it turns out it wasn't so bad ranks rise (highest mark was 83%).

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
Good for the amount of study which I put in, however they weren't that great.
But meh.
It's weird though, I got more in my 'bad subject' exam, then any others, at least so far.

denisonjames

HSC
Yo!

Highest mark in our school was 89%.

The only thing i liked was my multi choice result: 17/20 lol!

Cherrybrook Technology High School

My Subjects: English (Adv):hammer: , Maths Ext1, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, IPT

Last edited:

Ezzz1990

HSC
I got 60% in my Economics Trial which was 5th in the class, so I'm pretty pleased as it is easily my weakest subject. The person who got 1st received 84%, which is amazing and he deserves it with all the work he's put in.

haydezats

HSC
Geohood said:

Half the people lie/put extremely high UAI expectations that are totally beyond their reach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)