How Were the Half yrlies?? (1 Viewer)

smrtsam

HSC
How Were the Half yrlies for Society n Culture??

Mine was Crap............I didn't know wht to write....We had a 9 mark question on "Discuss the statment 'Modernisation is inevitable'" And I wrote an Economics responses....Damn Economics....><

Last edited:

ashleigh2107

HSC
hey

ours was ok we had questions like how would u apple thismeyhodology to this
and name two theories and i only knew dependency theory and then write about one of these theories on yous country u have been studying but u can kinda make stuff up and blabber oin

Kulazzi

HSC
well I haven't done it (yet), but we've got two 6 mark questions, one on concept, the other on methodology. A 12 mark question on Rites of Passage and a 20 mark question each on Equality & Difference and Belief Systems

soulshine

HSC
Ours was alright.
We had questions on different methodologies, social literacy and that same modernisation = inevitable question, as well as questions of theories of social change and then an extended response on our belief system.

i did ok. for not studying. got like 44.5 / 56.... 79%. hmmm. la la la
.. la
.. la
.. la

... plop

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
See? Society and Culture Exams are all the same. I did those type of questions back in 2003. The syllabus is really short so you can pretty much predict what they are going to ask you :)

keep up the good work everyone!

ashleejoanne

HSC
Mine was bad, i started talking economics too, globalisation or some crap. I dont even think i made sense!!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
mine was great. i also had the question modernisation is inevitable, stuff on methodologies, social and culural literacy.

have to wait 2 weeks to get it back. i hate waiting

HSC
Mine was good actually i had two essay questions. One on legislation, community initiatives and welfare helping reduce inequality and the other how inequality effects on society.

Abbeygale

HSC
Mine weren't fabulous. I made the stupid mistake of only studying one theory of social change in depth, and we ended up with a question where that theory couldn't be easily applied. My answer made it pretty obvious that I'd only studied one theory.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
my exam was okay we had all short answer questions and 1 longer response (not as long as extended) we only had an hour to do it...it was a little bit on methodologies and focused mainly around conflict theory and it's relation to PNG. (our focus study)
there are only 6 in our class and it really helped that our teacher had given us our assignment on png so we could know what types of thing would be in our test.
as whitey (our teacher) put it: " if u've done ur assignment u wont have a problem"...shame i ony did half my assignment b4 the test

oh wellz a 2 week wait for results :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)