How were all your half yearly reports? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine was pretty good, best subjects were Science, Geography and Commerce (1st in the year in all those, an easy 98% in both Geo and Commerce lol) and my worst subject was French with a rank of 4th.

W00t, same subjects next semester except I'm doing History now instead of Geo.

Lol, what subjects do you find the bludgiest? For me, it's English, Geo and Commerce are the easiest for me. Elective History's pretty good also (and so much more interesting then core). Maths is annoying because we always get tonnes of H/W like e.g let's do all of 7G, H and I! And whenever we do a maths test, our maths teacher goes off if our class gets a not great average mark and it's scary. :cold:

Anyway, so how are all you lovely Yr 10 people going?

smile-san

HSC
ew, my h/y reports were terrible. Did well in all the subjects except for maths and english. FML.

slyhunter, how could you say that year 10 subjects can be treated as a bludge? If i don't do well in english this year, i won't be able to pick advanced and if i don't do well in maths, i can't choose 2 unit. year 10=important.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
ew, my h/y reports were terrible. Did well in all the subjects except for maths and english. FML.

slyhunter, how could you say that year 10 subjects can be treated as a bludge? If i don't do well in english this year, i won't be able to pick advanced and if i don't do well in maths, i can't choose 2 unit. year 10=important.
No, year 10 was a bludge.

WhatCnut

HSC
Uni Grad
I got A's for English, Geography and Commerce (Which I got top of the year in) - I got a couple of B's and a few C's, specifically in PE, Religion and History. History I got a C because the mark was only based on one assesment which we weren't really prepared for and the other two speak for themselves I think :D

WhatCnut

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I hate PE, I generally just laze around playing with my phone not paying attention. Religion is the worst subject...

L

LightningXT

In hindsight, Year 10 was a bludge compared to Year 11, and then Year 11 is nothing to Year 12.
So Year 10 is your final bludge year.

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Mine was pretty good, best subjects were Science, Geography and Commerce (1st in the year in all those, an easy 98% in both Geo and Commerce lol) and my worst subject was French with a rank of 4th.

W00t, same subjects next semester except I'm doing History now instead of Geo.

Lol, what subjects do you find the bludgiest? For me, it's English, Geo and Commerce are the easiest for me. Elective History's pretty good also (and so much more interesting then core). Maths is annoying because we always get tonnes of H/W like e.g let's do all of 7G, H and I! And whenever we do a maths test, our maths teacher goes off if our class gets a not great average mark and it's scary. :cold:

Anyway, so how are all you lovely Yr 10 people going?
do you go to a selective high?

HSC
Uni Grad
+1 to all those who said that year 10 was a bludge

but on the other hand a few subjects like maths and english can determine whether if you'll be allowed to do mathematics extension 1 and or english advanced/extension english, etc...
So only work hard on those subjects if you do intend to do the higher maths/english
and if you're thinking of doing physics and chemistry, you need to be pretty satisfactory, but that's not really hard anyway... :L

otherwise, sit back, chillax or even prepare for yr 11-12 content as that counts more than year 10 content (about 30% of preliminary maths (2U/3U) content goes onto year 12, from what i've heard)

leekeenyan

HSC
N/A
Out of 9 subjects, I got 7 Oustandings (A) and 2 Highs (B). Principal's award. I'm pretty happy about this...since end of yr9 I've been working much harder and it's paid off!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
do you go to a selective high?

No, I don't. Not sure why you were wondering...

And don't worry, I know you gotta save the hard yards for yr 11 and 12. No hitting the wall prematurely or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)