how well does bio scale? (1 Viewer)

*rikku*

hello
does anyone know how well/bad bio scale? wut was last yr's required raw mark for band 6???

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
There is no set raw mark for a band 6. BOS does not release its raw marks. Biology is like any other subject. If you do well, it scales, if you do crap, then it doesnt. Looking at the scaling profiel, it has - scaling

kow_dude

HSC
biology has the worst scaling out of the 3 sciences.... probably scales you up by a few marks :S

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Someone's forgetting Senior Science, Earth and Environmental and Agriculture, which all scale worse :p.

The scaling on bio is about neutral. Its about average.

SandunAAA

HSC
Bio is part of the top 3 sciences which all get scaled up. It realy depends on how everyone perfomed. But if you got around mid 80s, thats prob B6.

What i wonder is, do they scale your option differently cos, i reakon some options were much easier than others.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
SandunAAA said:
Bio is part of the top 3 sciences which all get scaled up. It realy depends on how everyone perfomed. But if you got around mid 80s, thats prob B6.

What i wonder is, do they scale your option differently cos, i reakon some options were much easier than others.
I believe they do. I cant say for sure though.

MattMMM

I think it goes up a few marks generally (depending on what you get). But it isn't too much.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
It scales well believe me, and even better if you did the options 'Genetics - code broken' and 'Biochemistry' - i think.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
My 92 HSC mark in bio last year got scaled to 83 something.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
myg0t said:
It scales well believe me, and even better if you did the options 'Genetics - code broken' and 'Biochemistry' - i think.
Any options are scaled the same way. It's the overall raw marks that are scaled, not the individual components.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
umm im pretty sure nothing gets scaled within an exam (ie biochemistry over communication).
Also, survivor39. how do u know your raw mark? did you do the foi thing

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Survivor39 said:
Any options are scaled the same way. It's the overall raw marks that are scaled, not the individual components.
The marking criteria is more relaxed.

Jessisbored

HSC
it depends on what average your school sends your year in to the bos as. I mean every year my school sends in a really low avg then we always get above 80s in our actual scaled mark.

kow_dude

HSC
omg... who cares... we have no control over scaling. We should jst forget about it =D

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
kow_dude said:
omg... who cares... we have no control over scaling. We should jst forget about it =D
I agree...I don't know why people care so much about the relative scaling between different science courses.... the scaling is dependent on the candidates doing the course, that is you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)