How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiaaah

HSC
ccc123 said:
I'm not Jachie but i'm doing frankenstein for ext. And yeah, lots of my friends are doing all three sciences and struggling already..ah i did try to warn them..
oh cool, i studied frankenstein last year and i enjoyed it.
it's a pretty easy read too.

mm i have a friend who's doing all sciences + business + eco + 3U maths.
she's insane.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Kujah said:
How is Eco btw? I might change courses soon, and Economic sounds like a good alternative.
ECO IS AMAZINGLY AMAZING PICK IT UP NOW. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Seriously, I'm loving it. Maybe it's just my teacher, but she's so...great. She makes learning easy. I love it. Do it! :)

jachie what ext. book are you studying?
i haven't had an extension class yet so im curious to know what everyone else is doing.
At the moment, The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood. We're the first year to do it at my school, normally we do Eucalyptus (which we will study later, just not in as much depth) but this year we did something different. It's a great book; it appeals to my Ancient History nerd because the author has twisted the story of the Greek myth The Odyssey and written from the perspective of Odysseus's wife, Penelope. It's amazing. :) And a fairly new book, I believe: first published in 2005.

I'm not Jachie
o_O are you sure?????

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
ECO IS AMAZINGLY AMAZING PICK IT UP NOW. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Seriously, I'm loving it. Maybe it's just my teacher, but she's so...great. She makes learning easy. I love it. Do it! :)
Sounds good to me :) But I'd have to do it through distance education ;)

Jachie

HSC

Oooh.

Damn. That sucks. Do you think you'd be able to cope doing it through DE?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Probably :) I saw my friend getting a whole stack of booklets today for Eco :eek: It's suppose to last for the year.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
*sigh* How can they be struggling when they would of only been their for 4 days max?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Don't know :) I wouldn't define it as struggling, just shocked :eek:

lilsnoopy76

HSC
yeaaaaah school was so much fun, with all that work, no frees and creeping one day closer to exams! and actually dreading the weekends...w00t i LOVE THE HSC.....

Jachie

HSC
Kujah said:
Probably :) I saw my friend getting a whole stack of booklets today for Eco :eek: It's suppose to last for the year.
Then I think you should go for it. :) What would you drop for it? Computer Applications?

Jachie

HSC
pritnep said:
What is computer applications anyway? Is it a HSC course or VET course or?
I imagine it's a Board-Endorsed 1-unit course, like Philosophy is for me. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
Then I think you should go for it. :) What would you drop for it? Computer Applications?
Yeah. I don't find Computer Applications interesting anymore. But I might wait a few weeks though to clearly think about it.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Kujah said:
Sounds good to me :) But I'd have to do it through distance education ;)
:rofl: hahahe DE eco, those booklets have sooooo many mistakes. Watchout for the interchangability of 'six' and 'sex,' and every second title page you end up repeating at least one excerise you've done 4 title pages ago. Only half the things seem relvevant now. The good thing is you can complete a weeks worth of work in day except in those ones that require >6 long essays to complete. (it's not that bad and eco generally is a good course)

Good luck to anyone doing it :)

Oh and Jachie what did you accelerate in?

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
LottoX said:
Sounds like top quality teaching to me. :eek:
haha oh it is :uhhuh: *sarcasm*

...it gets worst (esp since you have to teach yourself) but I can't remember most of it now.

I totally finished prelim eco in 2 terms.

Edit: lol SS, ok :)

Jachie

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I think her Philosophy course is a school-developed Board-Endorsed course, not the distinction course :)
:uhhuh:

slowjam10

HSC
Jachie said:
It's a great book; it appeals to my Ancient History nerd
Im also on the Ancient History nerd bandwagon. I am absoluting loving Ancient History the teacher is so enthusiatic she's been teaching since the 60's and wow she like she makes sound effetcs and moves around the room and demonstrates everything with movement...it's so entertaining to watch, she even calls her self "the entertainer" shame we have to have a substitute next week.

What are you doing in Ancient History Jachie?

We have juat discussed what we think history is and we have learnt about a bit about realiblity of sources and that basically not everything you read or hear is truthful. Ohh and we have touched on archaeology

So Economics is good. Shame Food Tech's on the same line teacher is excellent she has taught all around Aus and dosen't rely on textbook like every 7-10 Science and Humanities teacher at our school

I want to just steal their textbooks, like in that simpsons ep, what will they do then?:bomb::bomb::bomb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Last edited:

Cheap Thrills

HSC
slowjam10 said:
yeah i thought we would get bombarded with work to intsead the teachers just talk to us about what we are doing and how good they are (but yes they are good). Is anyone else like having fun (you're all going to say NERD) but yeah now that i do subjects that i like i no longer have to look at the clock every minute to see how long it will be before the torture ends.

Has everyones school given them the syllabus i have gotten it for Legal Studies and Food Tech. What about assessment schedules, we have ones that outline all the assessments for the whole year.

Modern History one looks fun in Term 2 we get to choose anything in History and develop a question we would like to have answered.

Anyone else doing both Histories?
im doin both histories. do you know what your case studies in class are gonna be? we're doin the revolutions for modern and boudicca and rome for ancient. ive decided to do human remains for my ancient investigation and che guavera for modern. they're both really cool. lovin it :)

Jachie

HSC
slowjam10 said:
Im also on the Ancient History nerd bandwagon. I am absoluting loving Ancient History the teacher is so enthusiatic she's been teaching since the 60's and wow she like she makes sound effetcs and moves around the room and demonstrates everything with movement...it's so entertaining to watch, she even calls her self "the entertainer" shame we have to have a substitute next week.

What are you doing in Ancient History Jachie?

We have juat discussed what we think history is and we have learnt about a bit about realiblity of sources and that basically not everything you read or hear is truthful. Ohh and we have touched on archaeology

So Economics is good. Shame Food Tech's on the same line teacher is excellent she has taught all around Aus and dosen't rely on textbook like every 7-10 Science and Humanities teacher at our school

I want to just steal their textbooks, like in that simpsons ep, what will they do then?:bomb::bomb::bomb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
We've done hardly anything in Ancient, to be honest. Our teacher sounds a lot like yours, though: really enthusiastic about what she does. We've talked about the differences between sources and evidence, primary and secondary sources, blah blah blah. You know, the stuff you do in junior years? We looked at various cases that have been documented, each with about five written sources relating to it, and had to investigate whether the sources were reliable, etc. It's some nice, easy revision, we haven't started the real stuff yet. ;)

slowjam10

HSC
Cheap Thrills said:
im doin both histories. do you know what your case studies in class are gonna be? we're doin the revolutions for modern and boudicca and rome for ancient. ive decided to do human remains for my ancient investigation and che guavera for modern. they're both really cool. lovin it :)
Yay another person who does both Histories:).

For Modern History we are doing:
Term 1 - The World at the Start of the 20th Century - we had a double today and learnt about Imperialaism and stuff
Term 2 - 19th Century Russia
Term 3- China to 1954
and for Yr 12
World War 1 (Compulsory)
Russia 1917-1941 + Trotsky
Indo China 1954-1979

Modern is really good teacher is great, he knows everything, you can really see he hates America, he is like you drink American piss and you eat American shit, America is a tarty nation of biggots etc etc ......

Ancient History: Im not to sure about we have just been talking about stuff in general like we have been talking about alll the periods of History, ie, Pre-history (Paleolithic and Neo-lithic) and etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)