How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
thank god i'm not injury prone.

*touchwood!*

till date i haven't broken, fractured or sprained anything. never been in hospital (aside from my birth...of course), never had a plaster....
i almost feel like i'm missing out !

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
-pari- said:

*touchwood!*

till date i haven't broken, fractured or sprained anything. never been in hospital (aside from my birth...of course), never had a plaster....
Woah. That's.. amazingly.. mind-blowing!

Touchwood x 5.
You ain't missing out. ;)

Kaitlyn. :cool:

Loza33

HSC
-pari- said:

*touchwood!*

wow!!! yea that is awesome and amazing!! dont feel like your missing out!! it sucks trusts me..

This school term ive spent 2 weeks minimum in hospital (not including recovery time at home) .. out of 11... it gets really difficult.. like these exams now.. i was awya for two weeks right before the exam and have missed out on heaps of stuff!!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Ahh, my life is now complete after feeling the wrath of the 24 hour banstick. HI GUYS.

To the mods, I only have one thing to say:

Anyway, so this post isn't considered SPAM, I thought I'd tell you all of the wierd day that was Friday.

I didn't have an exam at all, so I was asked to play guitar for a druming friend for his HSC, along with two other guys from his band (guitarist/screamer). Now our friend goes to a Private Catholic school. It must be very wierd for a private catholic school to see 3 guys walking around their school with metal tshirts and large amounts of musical equipment, because every single person stared at us. EVERY SINGLE PERSON. 'Twas extremely wierd. To further compund the situation, we got told that we should be able to practise for roughly 45minutes AT LEAST, however this number quickly got whittled down to somewhere in the region of 15 minutes. So here we are, 4 guys that have never played the song together before getting 15 minutes to practice for a HSC Half Yearly practical exam. SWEET. We managed to get through the song 3 times before we had to turn down at the end of lunch. Remember what I said about the school being very conservative? (well, I implied it at least) Imagine the music teacher coming to hear us playing very loud and playing quite a heavy song, namely I Killed The Prom Queen's Sharks In Your Mouth. By the time the teacher was happy with the volume, the drummer was barely hitting the kit and we had turned our amps down from 7 to 2. Sweet.

Funy thing is though, we nailed the performance, even though we were headbanging and jumping around like lunatics (or normally for a metal act). According to the drummer, the teacher was impressed which is always a good thing for a metal act, considering it is a lot different to anything most music teachers we know.

So yeah, that was the story of my day yesterday. Quite fun indeed.

xoCandyGurlxo said:
1 exam down only 4 to go! Totally screwed up my english paper 1 exam. Section one i was good with, section 2 i prolly coulda written more if i had more time and it was a stupid letter that had to be triggered memory but still incorporate a physical journey. Section 3 was a stupid essay that i didnt have time to finish so i just quickly wrote some points on other things i was gunna tlak about hopefully that helps my mark a bit. It didnt help that i couldnt stop sneezing coz of stupid hayfever. Funny how the farmers start harvesting when i have exams.
You more than likely got the same exam paper as us. We got the same question.

ellen.louise

HSC
cs01001 said:
Study of universe, stars and that kind of stuff
Sick... i don't think they offer that at my school: only ppl who accelerate are Business Studies.
If we could do that in science or something i might have actually kept science...

HSC
`kyttie said:
I was in Grade 3, so it wasn't too bad. I remember I was just standing innocently in the playground, before some sixth-grader ran past and knocked me over. That's when I broke it. I was sent to the sick bay, and the woman said I was fine and it's just a scratch here.. and here.. and there. And sent me off to class.
That's awful!!
`kyttie said:
So I stayed at school the whole day with a broken collarbone and being made to regularly turn and twist my hand, per instructions from the nurse, to, "get blood flowing again". On my way home, I used to take a bus and.. buses are bumpy. And painful, when you're sporting broken bones, lol. Went to bed at night, painful, etc... ended up going to hospital when they told us it was broken.
That happened to my sister, she went to the front office, they thought she was faking it; at the end of the day, my Mum could see she was wincing when she was carrying her bag on her back/shoulders, and yeah, it ended up being a broken collarbone.

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
chocolate_lover said:
That's awful!!
That happened to my sister, she went to the front office, they thought she was faking it; at the end of the day, my Mum could see she was wincing when she was carrying her bag on her back/shoulders, and yeah, it ended up being a broken collarbone.
*nods fervently!*

I guess collarbones are hard to tell - but there has to be some kind of procedure for it, apart from an X-ray. Probably only if the child's in insane amounts of pain, or if they can't do specific things (swing their arms around, pick up things) then it should hint at the injury.

At least with dislocating your knee, no-one can say you're faking it, because your knee has popped out of its socket for everyone to see, and there's a massive empty groove where your knee used to be. :D

(who hates school days ruined by evil nurses n teachers :( )

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
bringbackshred said:
You're OUT. :)

I've never ahd a stupid accident at school, unlike the girl in year 4 who ran straight into a pole.
Not really a stupid injury, but we have a kid in our grade who used to get a nosebleed every single time he played rugby league at school, and you didn't even have to tackle him hard to get it going :uhhuh:

HSC
In the past couple of days I've had nosebleeds. And I never get nosebleeds! They were like my 1st, 2nd and 3rd nosebleed EVER.

Ok, now back to doing practice multiple choice questions from board of studies, for chemistry... :S

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
bringbackshred said:
You're OUT. :)

I've never ahd a stupid accident at school, unlike the girl in year 4 who ran straight into a pole.
Hey. :mad1:

I walked into a pole just the past Friday on our Walkathon.

But.. I have to be excused. After walking fifteen kilometres, I felt half-drunk and more than a little drugged. Plus, I only walked into it, as opposed to running into it. I guess that makes me feel better. Just.. a bit. :D

Loza33

HSC
Legham said:
Or expel accident prone kids :)

That would be me too!!! It is never my fault.... haha usually im off on some dramatic story.. or in a fairyland..

About the girl who ran into the pole.. it really isnt that rare... ive done it many times as have others... In year 8, this kid in yr 7 ran into a pole and got knocked unconcious and the ambulance and stuff came for him... it was hilarious!!

I say expel the non-accient prone kids... evil people!!

Loza33

HSC
So i didnt fail ancient history.... sorry guys, i dont think i can join our failing party anymore...

I mean, i didnt do excellently.. i might not get first or do as well as i normally do.. but it wasnt AS bad as i thought it would be... hip hip hooray!!!

How were your exams today?

xoCandyGurlxo

HSC
I wish every school day ended at 10:30! English paper 2 today.....totally screwed it up! Only remembered a few quotes from Hughes and Plaths poems. The quotes i did remember thou i think i got the poems round the wrong way. But i really dont care im over exams already. 2 down 3 to go!!!

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Am I dodgy today? That's what the girl next to me said in chem.

Maybe I am. ... Just a bit. :D:D

(Of course, ignore my behaviour of sneaking up to the front and flipping through the teacher's textbook when she's not looking, pulling an "I didn't get that" face all the time, feeling restless throughout the day and looking at watch + talking + shifty eyes and...*cough*)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
airie said:
Am I dodgy today? That's what the girl next to me said in chem.

Maybe I am. ... Just a bit. :D:D

(Of course, ignore my behaviour of sneaking up to the front and flipping through the teacher's textbook when she's not looking, pulling an "I didn't get that" face all the time, feeling restless throughout the day and looking at watch + talking + shifty eyes and...*cough*)
I see :)

Today, another attempt to do work, which failed miserably, and now I will be fuckde for all my exams taht are coming. Oh well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)