How was your first day? (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well for 06ers (and other first year students) first week of uni starts this week, well O-Week at least and some of you maybe having lectures with tutes starting at most universities the week after.

So how was your first official day at university (well not so much official as it is O-Week but still you get the point)? Where you will most likely spend the next 3-4+ years of your life. Meet new friends? Get lost? Had a change of heart?

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Well i havent gone yet lol...im going down on thursday...i cant wait for monday and the officialness to start tho...should be good, i hope

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
My o-week was last week, and I officially started today. It was good, had my first bio lecture, cant wait for psych on friday! I tipped the desk thing over and my stuff went everywhere lol, I so knew it was going to happen :eek:

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
lol what an icebreaker...with any luck u wont be given a nickname that will span the duration of the course...i have a feeling something like that will happen to me i hope ot doesnt tho

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
I tipped the desk thing over and my stuff went everywhere lol, I so knew it was going to happen :eek:
lol i spent about a full minute trying to work out how to open the door to a lecture theatre after arriving late to one of the first bridging course classes. in the end someone near the front row had to get up from their seat, walk over to the door and open it for me once it become apparent that all that jiggling and pushing and grunting on the other side of the door was someone trapped outside. not a pretty sight walking into a lecture theatre with 100 other people all towering above you trying to hold back laughs.

damn outwards opening doors i shall have my revenge!

L

littlewing69

dion7789 said:
lol what an icebreaker...with any luck u wont be given a nickname that will span the duration of the course...i have a feeling something like that will happen to me i hope ot doesnt tho

I was supremely hungover for a placement exam for German during O Week. My new phone kept buzzing and I couldn't figure out how to stop it. Yay! Everyone in my course must think I'm a fucktard before I've even met them....

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
dion7789 said:
it happened to many, many other people to though so its ok! stupid retarted lecture desks!

DeathB4Life said:
lol i spent about a full minute trying to work out how to open the door to a lecture theatre after arriving late to one of the first bridging course classes. in the end someone near the front row had to get up from their seat, walk over to the door and open it for me once it become apparent that all that jiggling and pushing and grunting on the other side of the door was someone trapped outside. not a pretty sight walking into a lecture theatre with 100 other people all towering above you trying to hold back laughs.
glad im not the only one who did something embarrassing, that would have been horrible lol, i'd probably have just walked away and missed the first lecture or something :p

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Sprinkles~ said:
it happened to many, many other people to though so its ok! stupid retarted lecture desks!
just keeping my fingers crossed i dont do something to embarrass me...that said i will prb b on here next monday posting what i did lol

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I know I'm not an 06er, but here's my 2cents...

The first words the lecturer said were:

"If you heard from students last year that this course is hard, they were right... and this year we have made it even harder.."

Yay for me

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
dion7789 said:
just keeping my fingers crossed i dont do something to embarrass me...that said i will prb b on here next monday posting what i did lol
*waits for the embarrassing stories* lol :D :p

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Well had my first day today and i need to say i shocked myself! i didnt embarrass myself however my friend to keep up the laughs...first by sitting in the wrong building for 20 minutes until she insisted that we were in the wrong place for her lecture lol. I was surprised by the size of my chem101 lecture tho...in hsc chem there were only 4 people in my class...after asking course coordinator found out there are 476 people doing chem101 at uow!!!!!!!!! thats 475 too many!

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
but i must add this is only 2 classes i have been too there is plenty of time for me to make an ass of myself

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
but i must add this is only 2 classes i have been too there is plenty of time for me to make an ass of myself

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
today was pretty cool, but heaps tiring. i've never walked so much in my life :eek:
i was 10 minutes late to my first class. it was kinda embarrassing cos everyone started staring as soon as i opened the lecture door :S

shitty moments:
-i wasn't paying attention to where i was going and twisted my ankle and tripped. everyone (including the lecturer) looked. i swore out loud and looked for the nearest seat.
-my coke bottle started to leak
-my phone started to ring during a lecture (i had the most embarrassing ringtone ever!)

i met so many new people. tis all cool :)

ps. i had so many other embarrassing moments, but i cbf posting about it.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
chem101 at uow is shit.. i skipped the last lecture haha

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
today was pretty cool, but heaps tiring. i've never walked so much in my life :eek:
i was 10 minutes late to my first class. it was kinda embarrassing cos everyone started staring as soon as i opened the lecture door :S

shitty moments:
-i wasn't paying attention to where i was going and twisted my ankle and tripped. everyone (including the lecturer) looked. i swore out loud and looked for the nearest seat.
-my coke bottle started to leak
-my phone started to ring during a lecture (i had the most embarrassing ringtone ever!)

i met so many new people. tis all cool :)

ps. i had so many other embarrassing moments, but i cbf posting about it.

lol diane...

My first class day went pretty well:)
Had my intro to law and torts seminars today:)...and ended with the financial institutions and markets lecture:sleep:...suprisingly I didn't embarass myself (well that or I just didn't notice)

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
chem101 isnt that bad...anyway to my point.

i said id do something stupid and i did lol...i was walking out of my maths lecture at 730 and tripped up the stairs...now at uow they are selling posters and my biggest one is like1 metre wide so i was struggling with 7 psoters rolled up and a big bulky heavy bad...i picked it up and quicly exited the building (thankfully it was at the end lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)