How was your experience at USYD? (1 Viewer)

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
You see a bunch of people leaving 1 space gaps between seats in lectures because they afraid to sit next to people.

Flop21

HSC
You see a bunch of people leaving 1 space gaps between seats in lectures because they afraid to sit next to people.
lol seriously? or are you exaggerating?

I was thinking that I'd be sitting next to whoever looks friendly and introduce myself ASAP.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
So would you say that the uni has a nice atmosphere? Good lecturers?
Absolutely USyd has a nice atmosphere. Lots of great open spaces and friendly people and good environment to study in. Lecturers vary. I've had some absolutely wonderful ones, and some painfully average ones. You can't generalise an entire university based on something like lecturers, who are all individuals, and thereby create individual atmospheres in their lectures/tutes.

MysteryMoon

HSC
Absolutely USyd has a nice atmosphere. Lots of great open spaces and friendly people and good environment to study in. Lecturers vary. I've had some absolutely wonderful ones, and some painfully average ones. You can't generalise an entire university based on something like lecturers, who are all individuals, and thereby create individual atmospheres in their lectures/tutes.
Thanks for replying ^^ It seems like a great university. I'm planning to go to either USYD or UTS but I'm curious as to what they are each like. I've heard different things from my older friends so I wanna hear opinions from here.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Thanks for replying ^^ It seems like a great university. I'm planning to go to either USYD or UTS but I'm curious as to what they are each like. I've heard different things from my older friends so I wanna hear opinions from here.
Have you tried visiting each? And on a day other than Open Day? That will help give you a feel for the atmosphere. And if you sneak into a big lecture, they won't know you're not a uni student.

edit: I'm a massive usyd fangirl. And to be perfectly honest, I now work full time at the uni as well as studying there at night, so while I recognise it has some issues, I really have predominantly good things to say about it.

MysteryMoon

HSC
Have you tried visiting each? And on a day other than Open Day? That will help give you a feel for the atmosphere. And if you sneak into a big lecture, they won't know you're not a uni student.

edit: I'm a massive usyd fangirl. And to be perfectly honest, I now work full time at the uni as well as studying there at night, so while I recognise it has some issues, I really have predominantly good things to say about it.
Wow, really? Maybe I should try it sometime xD
Although the lecturers don't call rolls in classes, right?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Wow, really? Maybe I should try it sometime xD
Although the lecturers don't call rolls in classes, right?
Don't call rolls in lectures. You've got hundreds of people in there and they're often not compulsory (some people prefer to listen to recordings of lectures) so don't bother taking a roll.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
lol seriously? or are you exaggerating?

I was thinking that I'd be sitting next to whoever looks friendly and introduce myself ASAP.
Not an exaggeration unfortunately; most people I come across in lectures and tutorials keep to themselves, or converse with the friends they already have.

That being said, while some people may not appreciate it, I certainly would if somebody broke the ice and initiated conversation with me. So go ahead, you've got nothing to lose :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)