How was Japanese for YOU? (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha most people don't bother with the rest anyway.

My teacher (Glenn Tippett) is a personal friend of Sorrell but he didn't mention anything about being late or whatever. Maybe he didn't ask. :) It sounds plausible though, I can just see her going "they is good student, they don't needing more times"

Karnevil, I think we can say that the HSC has ruined all our brains. The perfect preperation for schoolies...and uni!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm not, I don't really like the concept. I was referring to all you other people going off for the fun. :)

However I was thinking of visiting an old friend in Mudgee for a few days (can't say who she is here) but instead I'm going overseas for 6 weeks, so it's all better.

karnevil

HSC
ahhhh you don't like the concept? Each to their own :) but seriously, a whole year of studying intensively, there's no way I could do it without schoolies being the light at the end of this very long and dark tunnel :p

kouri

well w t f
HSC
Originally posted by Haylz
yeah i chose the first one. i was gonna go with the second but gave up quickly cuz i couldn't think of anything worthwhile to say. did u manage to get all the senior structures in?
hmm... can't remember. yeah i think i involved structures here and there.. 'senior' structures that is..i think i had some 'continuers' structures in it as well

i sat there for approx 3-5 min just thinking about what to write haha...
and well what i wrote is pretty much what you would hear at an 18th bday party...
"oh how we met... how stupid she was..how this and that... how, what , where, when haha.." and then... more bullshit.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hey beginners people, could one (or more) of you do what I'm trying to do, get the supervisors to see if they can give you a complete (blank) examination paper?

I want to put all the papers on the site early, so that we can ACTUALLY GET a Japanese section on the main site. I'm handling Continuers, maybe Extension, but I need someone to do background speakers (Takuya?) and Beginners. Please ask very nicely and get me the exams? Thanks :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Try them. I asked and they said it should be ok, as long as they got permission first. I mean, either we ask for it or the school swipes it, they're not destroyed or anything :p

kt san

hey wat does it mean
if everyone does well in japanese
does it still count for what it is
of if everyone does well, hence prove it's an easy test....
then a good mark..will only be considered an average mark?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No, the marking will all be relative. All that REALLY matters is your rank anyway, which should be largely unaffected by the difficulty of the exam. You don't suddenly become better than someone else just because you both find the exam easy. :)

goodmornin

ok

that's it.........

can someone pls tell me if "have you ever received influence from your parents"

can be either "ryoushin kara no eikyou ga arimasuka"
or does it have to be "ryoushin kara eikyou wo uketeimasuka"

extreeme need to know.:argue:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
[~ eikyou wo ukeru koto ga aru] would be closest, I think. The "ever" puts the emphasis on experience, and this construction fits closer than your two.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
"of from parents influence is there"

I think I see what you've done. It's ok, but it sounds a little funny. You've put it together a little strangely, so I'll divide it into what I think you meant:

| ryoushin kara | no eikyou | ga arimasu ka |

| from parents | (such) influence | have? |

Do you have the kind of influence/s that come from (your) parents?

This, if it is what you were thinking when you constructed the phrase, is a little difficult to understand because on first glance the "kara" and the "no" seem to disagree. Of course I'm sure it fits better in context. Basically, yes, it'll pass through, but it's important to note that what you wrote doesn't mean "have you ever received [been] influence/s [influenced] from [by] your parents". It means "do you have parental influences", which is a different question. Rather than asking about all experiences you are asking about their current state. Of course, if you wrote this in the continuers exam the markers won't care. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
It's not bad, your marker will definitely see worse than that. Remember, there are still band two-ers who do Japanese!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)