How was it ?? (1 Viewer)

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
I'M FREEEE! chem was my last exam! muahaahahah you poor little suckers who still have exams! hehe j/k
i agree with lilaila that it was harder than last years.. but judging from everyone's respondes here, maybe that was just me
i didn't feel as confident as i did walking out of the trials so really i don't know how i went.. twas hoping for above 90 but now it's looking more like an 80 :(

beeflatt

HSC
I definetly thought it was an improvement on the biology paper. I thought it contained a lot of chemistry but I'm still a little annoyed at the amount of extended response questions they asked. When I went through and checked I just saw huge slabs of evaluating and assessing techniques. That's kind of annoying, but after biology it wasn't too bad.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by vegeta_316
I had pretty much the same points and I do think the points you made were enough to get you 7 marks.
Yay, let's hope that's true for the both of us!

FLR-IT

Originally posted by braindrainedAsh

Was this alright? Do you think this would have been enough stuff to talk about for 7 marks?

Something i noticed u hadnt put down
Not sure if this is right, but i put it down along with all the rest mentioned.

to ensure maximum yield along with optimum conditions, the ammonia formed can be continuosly removed by liquefaction so more is formed according to Le Chats

Victorist

Originally posted by FLR-IT
Something i noticed u hadnt put down
Not sure if this is right, but i put it down along with all the rest mentioned.

to ensure maximum yield along with optimum conditions, the ammonia formed can be continuosly removed by liquefaction so more is formed according to Le Chats
:O where did you get that from? It makes sense.

Also in my answer I talked about making sure no CO was present as it poisens the catalyst.

vegeta_316

Well in order to liquify you had to decrease the temperature and since the reaction is exothermic, a decrease in the temperature would push the reaction to the right according to Le Chat's principle. Personally I didn't actually mention the liquifying of it but I did mention the decrease in temp would increase yeild of ammonia so I'm sure markers would accept either point as they are both similar.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I put high pressures and moderate temperature will cause explosions if not monitored.

waffled on about lots of weird stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)