How uni counts past results towards new degree? (1 Viewer)

Zafar azam

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, firstly i thank u in advance for ur contribution.
I am enrolign @Maq uni with some exemptions from my past degree, so

1.Will the uni be counting my grades( Cr/D/HD) obtained from my old Uni:confused:

2. How about the GPA, do the exempted subjs have any affect on my Future GPA? For instance if i failed exempted subject at first try and got a HD at second go , does it get counted (or any possiblity) towards my new course?:confused:

Really appreciate ur times.

Cheers

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
1. You would have to apply for Credit for previous study. Then they will tell you of what will and won't be counted.

2. Exemptions

An Exemption is a decision made by an Exemptions Officer of the University that you need not take a particular unit at Macquarie University because you have successfully completed a similar unit at another recognised institution.

These exemptions are determined on the basis of overlap of content, and only apply to students who have been granted credit for previous studies (CPS). If you are exempted from a unit which is a prerequisite for other units, you are considered to have satisfied that prerequisite, and so can enter directly into higher level units in that subject area. Exemptions are normally determined at the time of enrolment by members of the academic staff from the relevant areas of study.

Relationship Between Credit For Previous Studies and Exemptions

It is important to note that being granted a specific amount of CPS credit points does not automatically guarantee that you will also receive any exemptions in your new degree program at Macquarie. If the content of your former studies and your Macquarie course is not similar, it is probable that you will not qualify for exemptions.

In this situation you should speak with an Academic Adviser in your area of study to ascertain the most effective way to use your credit for previous studies in your new degree program.

Note carefully: The credit point total of exemptions for each level, where granted, cannot exceed the total of actual credit points awarded for Credit for Previous Studies (CPS).

Booklet for Credit For Previous Studies (Full Information)

Zafar azam

HSC
N/A
Thanks Asylum really appreciated ...but what about the marks ? i , got exempted a total of 28 CP, was jus wondering how the marks will appear on my future record/transcript.

*will they appear as normal grades (Cr/D/HD) that i obtained from past degree?

Thanks again

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That would really depend on a few factors, none of which I could guarantee an answer for. You should contact the SES (Student Enquiry Service). You can contact them by going to their office on the ground floor of the Lincoln Building call 9850 7314 or email ugsinfo@mq.edu.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)