How u uni ppl take notes while the letucer talks? (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
bah i think i'll juz copy notes from the person next to me wen im in uni
better yet if i have a laptop and usb i get the data tranferred to my laptop from another dude

69^boi

HSC
N/A
Lundy said:
As time goes by you learn to know what's worth taking note of and what isn't.

Some evil bitch-type lecturers (coughmediacough) will purposely not put their notes online to force people to go to lectures.
yea i agree with lundy there sometimes teachers do go off topic but i still take it down don noe y!!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i take notes by not taking notes.

then i have to go home and read a truckload to a clear idea of what i'm learning. not good advice but.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
a lot of lecturers put their stuff online, increasingly moreso each year. if you have friends in lectures and you really want to get every single thing the lecturer says down you can write down points on alternate slides.
I wouldnt stress too much, theres such a huge volume of stuff to get through that you couldnt possible know it all for the exam so you'll have to summarise everything anyways.

Callistogenic

HSC
I'd rather bring in an iPod with voice-recorder module on it and clip this onto me while attending a lecture. You can then go into Sound Studio (on the Mac) and cut out the irrelevant pieces from the actual content. Then you could type up the remaining transcript, and while you're typing, you'd have to play it back a few times to ensure you've got everything, therefore ensuring you remember it.

Might take a few good hours, but would you rather be with or without the information? :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
dreamcaster said:
I'd rather bring in an iPod with voice-recorder module on it and clip this onto me while attending a lecture. You can then go into Sound Studio (on the Mac) and cut out the irrelevant pieces from the actual content. Then you could type up the remaining transcript, and while you're typing, you'd have to play it back a few times to ensure you've got everything, therefore ensuring you remember it.

Might take a few good hours, but would you rather be with or without the information? :D
You may say that you will do that now, but when you get there you won't. It would just waste far too much time:).

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i agree with mere you wouldnt want to listen to like 3 hrs of lectures again.....i think its just time consuming man

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I have the worst memory.. I need to write down everything. Even if it's written down right in front of me on the lecture notes.. if I don't write it, I won't remember it.

Glaciana

HSC
N/A
I tend to write the main points throughout the lecture, and then after class, either download the notes off the internet, or go back through the text book and note things in a bit more deatil. I also find this a good way of going over and revising things, and I often do this when it comes to studying for finals.

asdf

HSC
I tend to write alot of notes during lectures but i never ever even look at them...i dont know why i bother... :eek:

i just study of the downloadable notes (cant read my writing "properly").*

edit: *others can though.

monzi

HSC
For one of my subjects 'The law of Contract' - I usually record the whole lecture because there is alot of important stuff our lecturer talks 20 miles an hour so i can catch all the important stuff when i listen to the tape later on for reference and doing my tutorial work - it helps

All other subjects i just take down the important bits

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i seldomly go to lectures, but i tend to use other ppls notes and the notes they provide us with, make smart friends

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
natstar said:
Those people who do law subjects/or business law, do u have open book exams?
We get to bring in two A4 pieces of paper with writing on both sides for the Law subject I am doing this semester:eek:!

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
lecturers write too fast, talk too fast
The material is usually new and taught so quickly most don't know whats going on unless they're not taking notes and just merely listening to the lecturer. For the rest of us, we're scribbling away 4 -5 pages of notes per lecture.
Avoid people who jig lectures often, coz all they do is pester you for your notes and assignments.

ziggyboy

HSC
It depends on the subject. I never take notes in programming subjects but do on Maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)