How transfering works (1 Viewer)

Leosec

HSC
If i got an UAI of average 75-80, but my school is an disadvantage school and i had family problems, such as divorce, etc..and if boardofstudies gav me an bouns mark of 10 and in which UNSW let me in the B.Economics course

What do i need to do in the first year to "Transfers to B.Com?

I already checked the coures structrue but what will i need to get(marks)??? eg.credit, distinction..etc and how hard is it to transfer?

phrred

HSC
Leosec said:
If i got an UAI of average 75-80, but my school is an disadvantage school and i had family problems, such as divorce, etc..and if boardofstudies gav me an bouns mark of 10 and in which UNSW let me in the B.Economics course

I already checked the coures structrue but what will i need to get(marks)??? eg.credit, distinction..etc and how hard is it to transfer?
i transferred from BA to BCom/BA. my uai was 7 marks below the cutoff, my WAM was 70

halloween98

HSC
how many disadvantage marks is each reason worth e.g disadvantaged school, or low income

dandel26

HSC
Thats not how it works, they dont give you bonus points, they assess your eligibilty, if you're eligible then you compete with other candiates for the limited number of EAS places.

halloween98

HSC
w8 w8 w8

some ppl get 5 and some ppl get 10

i wanna do communication at uws it needs 70

and i would probably get around 65

just say i get an eas position

than wat?

halloween98

HSC
wat wat wat

no waaaaaaaaay

that's awesome

but i'm still worried bout disadvantage marks not being enough

isn't there like a system of the amount of extra marks awarded to help u get into a course?

halloween98

HSC
ok thnx i aint too worried anymore, i'm just gonna study hard and see wat happens

but one more thing, did u get into the course coz u got more than 10 disadvantage marks... taking u up from 69 to 75

or is that wat u got all up and they just considered u....not taking into account any disadvantage marks?

halloween98

HSC
no waaaaaaaaay

so the max marks u had was 75 and u needed 85 uai

and they accepted u?

but doesn't it depend on how many ppl are doin the course?

and u rekon my course would have heaps of ppl doin it?

halloween98

HSC
kool kool

but u rekon there'll be heaps of ppl wantin to apply for

B COMMUNICATION at UWS ?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
halloween98 said:
kool kool

but u rekon there'll be heaps of ppl wantin to apply for

B COMMUNICATION at UWS ?
probably not
well not as mucha s commerce at UNSW

Conspirocy

HSC
Musk said:
for eco i think alot of ppl wanna do it but it depends every year
1. most people prolly dont want to do eco, cause who knows...the marks have fallen from a peak of 93 - to 90.05 in 2005 to around 85 or so which is pretty weak. - im pretty sure they have offered more places in economics and this would be part of the fall, but there is already a downward trend

lets look at commerce and economics --> in 2006 in accounting and financial management 1A there was 1414 people enrolled this is a compulsory subject, to verify look at quant methods A 1106 people enrolled in session one...okay but people usually leave this to the end

microeconomics 1 had --->1511 people

so we have a choice out of these 3 numbers, im more inclined to take the highest which is micro 1

but ifu should factor in that people could have failed a core subject twice, or not taken it yet

just thought of a smarter way to do it, for micro one the tutorial places allocated was 1950 for micro 1, quant methods 1250, and accounting 1 A was 1525

but i guess we could say micro allocated the maximum according to the intake and i think that sounds like the most realistic number in my mind

the first compulsory economics subject in 2nd year is micro2 - this had 380 people in it - they allocated 400 places for it

so going by that there are 400 places in economics at unsw as a rough guess for 2005

EDIT: so anyways had a look at the uni website, "approximately 4,500 UG students, 3,500 PG students and 250 PhD and Honours students with an almost equal mix of women and men - 30-40% are international."

if we use that figure i guess we should make some corrections to what i said, 1st now we take the middle number of accounting which was 1525 - we discount the full international students places from this number because i think they would pay to do commerce --> so that means 915 places for local students if we assume the 40% is consistent throughout

also for the figure of 400, i forgot that people who do commerce can do an economics major - so that would take around lets say another 150 places

that leaves around what 250 places in economics --> which sounds about right, because i didnt meet anyone who does economics until my 2nd year

which means if there are only 250 places and the cutoff is so low, demand for it must be really shit...

nah that figure has to be wrong - what do you guys think, im just bored and playing with the numbers. this doesnt look credible to me.

hope this makes sense its kinda messy, and could be completely wrong and also very stupid

uai dropped and more places were added, so i guess you could say there might be more eco places??? who knows

if you get into economics, i dont see what is so bad about doing it. why do u need to transfer to commerce...you can do any major you want in economics except actuarial studies

the only catch is you have to do an economics major...which isnt that bad really

but if you are hell bent on not doing an eco major, then goodluck

Last edited:

dan_viper88

HSC
Conspirocy said:
1. most people prolly dont want to do eco, cause who knows...the marks have fallen from a peak of 93 - to 90.05 in 2005 to around 85 or so which is pretty weak. - im pretty sure they have offered more places in economics and this would be part of the fall, but there is already a downward trend

lets look at commerce and economics --> in 2006 in accounting and financial management 1A there was 1414 people enrolled this is a compulsory subject, to verify look at quant methods A 1106 people enrolled in session one...okay but people usually leave this to the end

microeconomics 1 had --->1511 people

so we have a choice out of these 3 numbers, im more inclined to take the highest which is micro 1

but ifu should factor in that people could have failed a core subject twice, or not taken it yet

just thought of a smarter way to do it, for micro one the tutorial places allocated was 1950 for micro 1, quant methods 1250, and accounting 1 A was 1525

but i guess we could say micro allocated the maximum according to the intake and i think that sounds like the most realistic number in my mind

the first compulsory economics subject in 2nd year is micro2 - this had 380 people in it - they allocated 400 places for it

so going by that there are 400 places in economics at unsw as a rough guess for 2005

EDIT: so anyways had a look at the uni website, "approximately 4,500 UG students, 3,500 PG students and 250 PhD and Honours students with an almost equal mix of women and men - 30-40% are international."

if we use that figure i guess we should make some corrections to what i said, 1st now we take the middle number of accounting which was 1525 - we discount the full international students places from this number because i think they would pay to do commerce --> so that means 915 places for local students if we assume the 40% is consistent throughout

also for the figure of 400, i forgot that people who do commerce can do an economics major - so that would take around lets say another 150 places

that leaves around what 250 places in economics --> which sounds about right, because i didnt meet anyone who does economics until my 2nd year

which means if there are only 250 places and the cutoff is so low, demand for it must be really shit...

nah that figure has to be wrong - what do you guys think, im just bored and playing with the numbers. this doesnt look credible to me.

hope this makes sense its kinda messy, and could be completely wrong and also very stupid

uai dropped and more places were added, so i guess you could say there might be more eco places??? who knows

if you get into economics, i dont see what is so bad about doing it. why do u need to transfer to commerce...you can do any major you want in economics except actuarial studies

the only catch is you have to do an economics major...which isnt that bad really

but if you are hell bent on not doing an eco major, then goodluck
Hey there, look i have already recieved a offer for B Economics at Unsw for a 2007 start but im not too sure if i should keep dis offer because ideally id like to do a Bcommerce degree at UNSW or even a B Business degree at UTS due to the flexibilty. I know that i want to do a Accounting as a major but im not sure if ill be disadvantaged in any way because im in a Eco degree (in regards to CPA and ICCA). Do you think that maybe a Commerce degree at a uni like Maquarie would be better? Could you post me your thoughts. Cheers.

gamecw

HSC
Leosec said:

what is a disadavantaged school?

we had insufficient classes for all ext maths due to time table and lazy teacher, can that be classified as a 'disadavantaged school'? just curious..

can sumone provide sum info on this?

gamecw

HSC
Musk said:
DO you live in the western suburbs? if so then u do
yea i do

do u have to apply for it or u get it automatically

coz i reckon the missed rate of classes in our school is higher than other schools in my areas..

Leosec

HSC
woot woot ..

im wonderin
if i got a UAI of 75 .. and i got 50in maths and 50in physics
would i still be able to do Bac Bulilding Construction Mangement which is 78uai

if i had Entrance Acess Scheme Points .. my School is Dis and i got family problems which adds up to 5 disadv area

so if i had 75uai wif 50 maths+physics andi wanted to do BCM 78uai @UNSW

do i stand a chance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)