How to understand physics and chemistry? (1 Viewer)

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Like I said.... "and?".

I just suggested "watch a video", why are you trying to argue that videos are for x learners. Who cares.

I disagree with all of you. No one is one 'learning style' (myth alert). If you can't learn something from a well made video, there's something wrong with you (because that implies you cannot gain information from a visual and auditory source).

It's simply a personal preference.

But I strongly believe a well made video is best. And that is all I shall say.
I think ur misinterpreting - no one is saying that individuals learn via one particular learning style which is independent of all other mediums. its a matter of individual taste - some mediums might work better than others. doesn't mean that it's the only way someone can learn, merely a path that's easier for them to understand concepts with lmao

Flop21

HSC
I think ur misinterpreting - no one is saying that individuals learn via one particular learning style which is independent of all other mediums. its a matter of individual taste - some mediums might work better than others. doesn't mean that it's the only way someone can learn, merely a path that's easier for them to understand concepts with lmao
Did you just quote me saying "it's a personal preference" and then CORRECT me to tell me it's a personal preference or "a matter of individual taste"??

You serious right now?

-

Stop making straw man arguments. If you want to argue against my suggestion of watching videos to understand concepts better, go ahead. Anything else is irrelevant.

Most people replying to me are just making no sense at all. Please refer to my original post:

I suggest watching some videos, personally I find it extremely useful to visualise things.
Don't imply things I didn't say.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
videos take a lot of time to watch, and often you could've learnt the same thing much faster by reading a textbook

videos are only good for difficult conceptual material which is not easily describable in words

also good videos are hard to find -> often takes a lot of time to actually find videos worth watching

(im mostly only arguing because lol btw, I think videos are pree useful for science especially. biggest gripe is trying to find quality physics videos that arent by a guy from mumbai university and in a literally undecipherable accent soz noracist)

Occupied

HSC
N/A
Did you just quote me saying "it's a personal preference" and then CORRECT me to tell me it's a personal preference or "a matter of individual taste"??

You serious right now?

-

Stop making straw man arguments. If you want to argue against my suggestion of watching videos to understand concepts better, go ahead. Anything else is irrelevant.

Most people replying to me are just making no sense at all. Please refer to my original post:

Don't imply things I didn't say.
are u seriously getting offended about me repeating a line of comment? i think u need to calm down and chill, it's not like anyone's paying you to endorse video learning; why are you trying so hard to promote it lmao

For the record tho, no I was actually trying to, unsuccessfully, convey that I'm not saying videos are for good for "x learners". I'm just saying that there are other ways of learning and some people (surprisingly) might prefer them over videos.

me? imply? LOL - i think ur doing enough for both of us

Depends on what type of learner you are; visual, auditory, read-write, or kinesthetic.
And? Are you saying that there are people out there who fail to learn things from videos?

I find it hard to believe, but don't doubt that there's a possibility they're out there.

Anyway videos are a big combo of all types of learning, they combine visual, auditory and writing usually.

Doesn't make sense. You can't do 'practical application' before you understand what you need to do, i.e. have never learned any theory.

I can understand the reading part though. If you just like reading words (vs videos), then yes I can understand you not learning from videos the best (but most people are not just one learning style, they're a combination).
Like I said.... "and?".

I just suggested "watch a video", why are you trying to argue that videos are for x learners. Who cares.

I disagree with all of you. No one is one 'learning style' (myth alert).If you can't learn something from a well made video, there's something wrong with yo u (because that implies you cannot gain information from a visual and auditory source).

It's simply a personal preference.

But I strongly believe a well made video is best. And that is all I shall say.

myth alert - no one said that there's only one learning style, if anything we've been trying to persuade you that people don't just collectively decide videos are the best learning tool ever.

similarly, no one's saying that just because someone's a kinetic learner, that it doesn't mean they can't learn from videos - merely they learn better through going through motions rather than looking at or listening to stuff

u do realise that after hearing someone explain a concept the first time, whenever ppl revise the same content again either through vids or making stuff, they're still learning, right? like they're committing whatever concepts to memory which is a form of learning.

Flop21

HSC
are u seriously getting offended about me repeating a line of comment? i think u need to calm down and chill, it's not like anyone's paying you to endorse video learning; why are you trying so hard to promote it lmao

For the record tho, no I was actually trying to, unsuccessfully, convey that I'm not saying videos are for good for "x learners". I'm just saying that there are other ways of learning and some people (surprisingly) might prefer them over videos.

me? imply? LOL - i think ur doing enough for both of us

myth alert - no one said that there's only one learning style, if anything we've been trying to persuade you that people don't just collectively decide videos are the best learning tool ever.

similarly, no one's saying that just because someone's a kinetic learner, that it doesn't mean they can't learn from videos - merely they learn better through going through motions rather than looking at or listening to stuff

u do realise that after hearing someone explain a concept the first time, whenever ppl revise the same content again either through vids or making stuff, they're still learning, right? like they're committing whatever concepts to memory which is a form of learning.
is this guy for real

I'm going to PM you if you want me to reply to this, since this thread has gone off-topic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)