How to transfer from Arts to Psychology? (1 Viewer)

J

jhhlll

i was wondering how i'd go about transfering from a bachelor of arts to a bachelor of psychology or a bachelor of psychology (arts)?
i have done both the PSYC1001 and PSYC1002 subjects in my first year which is 2008.
are any mark cut-offs? and how would i'd go about doing this - through UAC?

edit: and what would allow me to get accepted?

Last edited by a moderator:

amber44

HSC
jhhlll said:
I was wondering how I'd go about transfering from a Bachelor of Arts to a Bachelor of Psychology or a Bachelor of Psychology (Arts)?
I have done both the PSYC1001 and PSYC1002 subjects in my first year which is 2008.
Are any mark cut-offs? And how would I'd go about doing this - through UAC?
Why do you want to change?

J

jhhlll

amber44 said:
Why do you want to change?
well, isn't a bachelor of psychology (arts) or bachelor of psychology better than just a bachelor of arts majoring in psychology?

Last edited by a moderator:

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
jhhlll said:
well, isn't a Bachelor of Psychology (Arts) or Bachelor of Psychology better than just a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychology?
Well it doesn't matter whether you do a BPsych or a BA with Honours, they both are recognized by the APS and will allow you to continue into Masters if you want to.

J

jhhlll

supercalamari said:
Well it doesn't matter whether you do a BPsych or a BA with Honours, they both are recognized by the APS and will allow you to continue into Masters if you want to.
and, umm, you are?
in year 11?

edit: 10.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
jhhlll said:
and, umm, you are?
in year 11?

edit: 10.
hey! don't be mean..

as for your question. I think you have to apply through UAC which sucks `coz yesterday was the last day for applications. Late fees now applies, which means that if you do want to transfer next sem then you have to pay 100 bucks instead of 50. Late applications close on Oct 31, so decide, decide, decide. ;)

J

jhhlll

hey, i'm just wondering why someone who's 15 would know anything about this.

i did apply through uac yesterday.
my question was more like how can i get accepted from arts to psychology?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
sorry, was just trying to help... i'm interested in psychology so i've had a look at uac books etc. *runs away*

amber44

HSC
jhhlll said:
well, isn't a bachelor of psychology (arts) or bachelor of psychology better than just a bachelor of arts majoring in psychology?
It's also alot more restrictive, especially if you decide to change. PLUS, the credit (distinction in third year?) average you must maintain.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
jhhlll said:
hey, i'm just wondering why someone who's 15 would know anything about this.

i did apply through uac yesterday.
my question was more like how can i get accepted from arts to psychology?
im guessing you completed your first year subjects...
if so.. i think they'll consider your GPA along with your UAI `coz you've only completed one year. :)

edit* 50/50 i think.

Last edited:
J

jhhlll

aren't psychology degrees looked upon as better through?
seeing as they're harder to get/maintain?
it seems only logical that they're the better degree if you want to get into a psychology subject, or anything like that.

spence

HSC
jhhlll said:
aren't psychology degrees looked upon as better through?
seeing as they're harder to get/maintain?
it seems only logical that they're the better degree if you want to get into a psychology subject, or anything like that.
The degree name really doesn't matter, the only difference is in the BA(Psych) you have to do one extra psych subject. Once you do honours, if you want to be a psychologist you have to do 2 years of supervised experience or postgrad, so your undergrad degree really doesn't make much difference

mrated96

higginsl
HSC
the only reason bpysch is better is if your going to do another degree and not be a psychologist; it just looks slightly prettier on ur resume.

Fuck psychology its bitch hard; im going for a transfer in to psych arts. I think you'll need like a D average; it depends on ur uai.. but the arts department are v. lenient with entry so u should get in

LaurenHarvey

HSC
They would most likely only allow you in if you had maintained an HD average in PSYC 1001 or PSYC 1002 (if there are any places available at all). There are about 45 BPsych students and 25 BA (Psych) students and places would most likely only become available if students in these degrees don't get the required credit average and have to drop down. Then you can take their place. If no students drop down there will be no places. The reason for such a high entry average is due to the fact that there aren't many places available in these degrees so they want the very best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)