how to tone your stomache in ONE MONTH? (1 Viewer)

yennie B

HSC
yeh. the title pretty much says it all.

so bring it em up!

rozymisty

HSC
PILATES! Do the one where you lie on the floor and lift your legs into the air with the ball between your ankles...gee that gets the stomach muscles working for sure! I haevnt been able to do it for the past 3 wks or so coz of medical stuff but now im going to start doing it again and get my flat stomach lol and get rid of the muffin top.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Just don't eat at all :bomb:

Do pilates/yoga. Stretch lots, do crunches (situps not that good. If you don't look retarded or like a dying cockroach it's probably not helping) the one where you lie on your back and do cycle motions in the air with your legs is pretty effective. You also get the added benefit of attracting unwanted attention to yourself ;)

CieL

HSC
To tone it?
Does that mean it's not flabby and you don't have a pot?

If you don't have a pot.. pull-ups are pretty fun..
It's the one where you have a horizontal bar above you head, and you pull yourself up so your chin is above the bar..

I create some variations.. so that when I'm above the bar, I have to lift my legs up as well when they're straight.. so that my body is 90 degrees at the abs

Warning: May feel cramps for up to 3 days afterwards if you're not used to exercising.

Nereis

HSC
500 calories under maintenance, done done and done.

redox

HSC
Heh, looks like the month is almost up already, but whatever:

You can do crunches or sit-ups till the cows come home, but you'll never see any of the abdominal muscles if they are covered with a layer of fat. Even if you're not going for a full on six pack, to be "toned" you'll need to lower your bodyfat %.

AS WELL as doing the correct ab exercise to increase the passive contraction, etc.

Basically, eat well, and do cardio: e.g. run, swim, bike, whatever.

PS - If you really want to lower bodyfat fast, it's better to go high intensity even at the expense of length of workout, ie do sprint intervals instead of slow jogging. Search google for "high intensity interval training" for more info.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
redox said:
Heh, looks like the month is almost up already, but whatever:

You can do crunches or sit-ups till the cows come home, but you'll never see any of the abdominal muscles if they are covered with a layer of fat. Even if you're not going for a full on six pack, to be "toned" you'll need to lower your bodyfat %.

AS WELL as doing the correct ab exercise to increase the passive contraction, etc.

Basically, eat well, and do cardio: e.g. run, swim, bike, whatever.

PS - If you really want to lower bodyfat fast, it's better to go high intensity even at the expense of length of workout, ie do sprint intervals instead of slow jogging. Search google for "high intensity interval training" for more info.
this is the only accurate thing posted thus far

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Ah....

Low intensity exercise sources a greater percentage of energy as fat, but high intensity exercise burns up more fat per minute.

:/

redox

HSC
Numerous recent studies have also shown that high intensity exercise continues burning fat and keeps your metabolism increased for far longer after the exercise is complete than traditional long, moderate aerobics.

But don't get me wrong, low intensity aerobics is also important and can certainly be sufficient if that is what you prefer.

If you want an overload (seriously) of info check: http://www.cyclecambridge.com/Smith-HIIT.pdf

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
^ What he said about metabolism and high intensity cardio.

It burns more calories overall throughout the day by kicking your metabolism in the ass.

HSC
Hey, go onto youtube and do this old but effective workout. Its called 8 Minute Abs, you've probably heard of it. Do a session every day combined with 30-40 mins cardio, eat healthy and drink plenty of water. I'm an average size but my stomach wasn't toned and I've been doing this for about a month now. Already I can see it working. Well, it works for me and it can't hurt to try...unless you do it too many times a day. lol

samuel slack

HSC
You know that 8 minute abs... well I got something that'll blow that outta the water... 7 minute abs. (damn I love "There's something about mary").

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)