How to study without motivation-(Including answer). (1 Viewer)

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
I have listened to the following audiobooks:
1 - Atomic Habits by James Clear
2 - Deep Work by Cal Newport
3 - Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins
(I listened to these books in this order)

These three books have changed my approach to my everyday life, and I hope my little summary can help out also.

These books taught me a very important lesson about working for self-achievement and future success despite the uncomfortable feeling of picking up that pen and writing something we simply feel 'obligated' to do so, since high school may feel too many as a tedious stepping stone. High School however isn't the only instance within our lives where we will feel this pressure of 'obligation' whether you are working for someone, talking with family, or even being alone with your thoughts.
Though cliched, I have to mention this as it is rarely considered as real or even taken into account, 'anything is possible and 'today's society is filled with the conformity of comfortability'.
We are constantly listening to the voices in our heads that we can either do it later or simply we have already done enough now and can work better next time. However, that is no better than giving up!!
If you have a goal, ANY goal, don't you want to reach it as soon as possible?
If you pick up that pen, that laptop, your thoughts, and your ambitions, you can TRULY make your dreams into a reality!
I struggled with maturity throughout high school, thinking about everything I did and didn't do, and wishing I did more.
I'm still in high school, but this is my last term, but by simply putting the hard work in finally, no longer 'imagining' the 'potential' I actually LIVED the dream! And as a result, within a WEEK, A WEEK I got an early entry offer into the private college of my choice!! I worked hard, 12-16 hours a DAY, BARELY ANY BREAKS! Ultimately, it landed me into the advanced diploma of game design and production that I wanted, VET support included, will the help of an interview and a well-formulated 102-page portfolio.
Some of you may think, 'hmmm, I don't think 12-16 hours a day is healthy.' or 'I don't think I can do something as godly as that?!', but you have to learn, right here right now, that this lifestyle should be COMFORTABLE in itself!
If you EMBRACE boredom, your riled-up emotions will NEVER cease, as you continue to break down and ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISH minor goals that LEAD YOU TOWARDS THE MAJOR, ORIGINAL GOAL!!

If you look at people like Elon Musk, JUST ONE REAL LOOK, you would understand, for them to get to where they are now, so successfully, so diligently, it is because of their DRIVE! If Elon Musk does 15 hours a day, then why not try and beat the world's most successful man?!
Some 'random' kid, out working the finest of MED-STUDENTS, DOCTORS, BILLION-AIRS, ALL DURING HIGH SCHOOL!! Isn't that in itself an amazing achievement?

If you go motivated by this, then congratulations, I don't give a sh*t. I just want to know whether or not if you actually DID something. As David Goggins says time and time again, 'Motivation would get you wanting to go out for that run you've been wanting to do for the day but quit because it's snowing outside. While DRIVE creates the person that goes back inside, put on MORE clothes, and THEN go for that long-awaited run in that EXACT-MOMENT'.
Be obsessed.
Be crazy!
Because if you never have been, then why the HELL are you stopping yourself from 'over working'?!
What good is using that excuse, if ALL you have been doing is UNDER working???!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, get the hell OFF this website for now, and only come back AFTER you actually put your knowledge or even LACK of knowledge to the test!
STOP STUDYING ON HOW TO STUDY TO CUT CORNERS, AND JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)