how to structure essay ??? (1 Viewer)

Linee

HSC
Hey does anyone know how to structure an essay for this module whilst incoorperating my supplementary texts?

I'm doing history and memory - the Smithsonian Institution website - on September 11 btw

Last edited:

danal353

HSC
its always best to write an integrated essay. i.e. make it ideas based rather than text by text

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
its always best to write an integrated essay. i.e. make it ideas based rather than text by text
Not necessarily. A text by text essay can be integrated, just as an ideas based essay can have context paragraphs idling about.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
what ideas ? and how many do i need ?
Ideas = themes, I'm not too sure how H&M works, so can't help you there. As for how many you need - that's up to you.,

danal353

HSC
i'm not familiar with the module so i don't know how many or what ideas you need. But using belonging as an example (since everyone does it), rather than talking about how each text reflects belonging or not belonging, you come up with a thesis and arguments or ideas to support that thesis
and then, one idea at a time, you show how each text supports your arguments while constantly drawing conclusions and refering back to your thesis - i.e. an integrated approach

danal353

HSC
Not necessarily. A text by text essay can be integrated, just as an ideas based essay can have context paragraphs idling about.
true - but everytime i do text by text, it sounds clunky - so i avoid it

danal353

HSC
oh and i just realised - it's module C - but i don't do history and memory

Linee

HSC
Ideas = themes, I'm not too sure how H&M works, so can't help you there. As for how many you need - that's up to you.,
Ok thnx everyone :)

I'm gonna have a new theme for each of my body of argument paragraphs and integrate both text into that paragraph containing that theme.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
I'd say integrate the texts within the paragraph/value. I don't like going (all text 1 stuff)-->(all text 2 stuff)-->...

Linee

HSC
Hey what am I meant to talk about in my body of argument paragraphs ?????

I seriously have no idea in writing this stupid essay

Lucie Lockley

HSC
you can have a thematic approach to your paragraphs but as the module is representation and text... the forms and features that the composer has used should be an integral component of all paragraphs...

thats what my teacher has been drilling into us.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hey what am I meant to talk about in my body of argument paragraphs ?????

I seriously have no idea in writing this stupid essay
Talk about your text? Point, quote, technique, explain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)