how to store jewellery (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
how do you girls store your jewellery? i just have mine all in jewellery bags in a drawer, but when i go back up to uni i want something a bit better than that...
anyone have any ideas?

someone suggested a kind of fishing tackle box, with separate compartments?

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I use a wooden jewellery box (around the size of a small lunchbox) which has separate compartments. With the jewellery I can't fit in there I have another couple of slightly smaller wooden boxes.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
im not sure how to explain this but theres a shop we have down here called "harbour rose" (not sure if you have that up sydney way) but its kind of a vintage shop. anyhwho they have these jewellery holders which have like a female body (dresssed up in a bodice or whatever) and up the top, in place of a head theres something which might resemble a coat rack with like arms coming out for you to hold all your necklaces etc so they dont tangle.

alternatively, i know one of my friends has a sewing thing - its actually what you use to hold spools of cotton??
its got like kind of spikes on it, and you can hang earrings off it

sorry i cant be more specific, but they are some holders i know of that hang jewellery rather than compartments you lay them down so that all your stuff doesnt get tangled.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Born Dancer said:
im not sure how to explain this but theres a shop we have down here called "harbour rose" (not sure if you have that up sydney way) but its kind of a vintage shop. anyhwho they have these jewellery holders which have like a female body (dresssed up in a bodice or whatever) and up the top, in place of a head theres something which might resemble a coat rack with like arms coming out for you to hold all your necklaces etc so they dont tangle.

alternatively, i know one of my friends has a sewing thing - its actually what you use to hold spools of cotton??
its got like kind of spikes on it, and you can hang earrings off it

sorry i cant be more specific, but they are some holders i know of that hang jewellery rather than compartments you lay them down so that all your stuff doesnt get tangled.
I've seen a gorgeous earring stand shaped like a butterfly. You hook your earrings into the gaps between the patterns on the wings.

shortie_689

HSC
My friend has a similiar female body thing it almost looks like those dolls you use when designing clothes that u fit the clothes to... anyway I have like a cocktail glass sort of thing but its bigger than usual I hang all my earings of that an all my rings sit in it along with some bracelets most of my bangles are on like a pole Im still looking for some sort of funky way to hang my necklaces for now they are just hanging off of my cupboards..

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I have a standing jewellery box with compartments for rings, earrings and a little turn-table thing for necklaces.

I also have this photo-frame...but the inside has mesh and u hang ur earrings in the little holes of the mesh. it's soo cool! my earrings kept getting tangled in a box and i had so many that I needed to separate them. it's such a cool idea. I got them from Balmain markets.

My beads are hanging on my door-knob. There's no where else i can put them lol

u can pin jewellery up on a pinboard, just work out how ur gonna pin them first before u go to the trouble of buying one.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I took a picture frame and covered it with flyscreen to make a huge rack for earrings, small bracelets and light chains.

My special stuff (sentimental usually) goes in a shoebox in my filing cabinet because I don't wear it very often.

Other than that, I've got 2 wooden jewellery boxes (one from a Chinese antique store, one plain) and I store most of the rest of my stuff in there...except for some necklaces, which I hang up from another piece of string because otherwise they'll get tangled.

Within my wooden boxes the fragile things reside in the boxes they were bought in, or if not, I borrow a box from another piece of jewellery which is hanging up.

HSC
N/A
Ahh... god bless Trinny and Susannah!

After reading their book I did a serious overhaul of all my storage. Most of my jewellery is now on a shelf... in full display (maybe that's bad but I have no-where else to put it :( ).

EARRINGS: Actual earring holders are great, however I'm actually using a lot of clear glass jars much like cocktail glasses, except these are probably sturdier. Hanging earrings go all around the rim, and voila!

A friend of mine made her own earring holder by stretching out a wire hanger and putting a sheer stocking over it (a bit like making fairy wings). All earrings can go through the netting :) As for my studs, I've got them all onto that squishy stuffing stuff earringgs come on. Then I put them into a box.

Jem - I've seen something like that! You can get them from most giftshops :)

NECKLACES: I've currently got mine (I only have a few though, not much of an earring girl) in a basket also doubling as an earring holder around the rim. In the Trinny and Susannah book ("What you wear can change your life") Trinny's got all hers hanging off hooks from the inside of the door of her wardrobe. I guess this is much like the "pinboard" thing but more permanent.

But you know... on the door to my mum's walk-in-robe is this rack thing made for belts, about 40cm tall and 60cm wide. It's made of two or three rows of spike things... it'd work mighty fine for necklaces as well, should you be able to find them in a shop somewhere.

OHER STUFF: For what I don't wear often, I've got an el cheapo drawer thing from some two-dollar shop. It's got three shelves and everything basically goes in there (I've got "jewellery" and "costume jewellery" etc). Things that are likely to catch onto each other I put into tiny plastic bags - the ones that can seal at the top.

Rings I'm currently keeping in a box near my earrings.

Last edited:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
ballerinabarbie said:
how do you girls store your jewellery? i just have mine all in jewellery bags in a drawer, but when i go back up to uni i want something a bit better than that...
anyone have any ideas?

someone suggested a kind of fishing tackle box, with separate compartments?
at the moment i use a wooden jewellery box, but my friend had a really good idea, about getting a big photo frame and painting it, and knocking the back out of it and putting mesh stuff in it and then putting all nails through the middle bit to hang jewellery off. It sounds really dodgy described like that haha.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
mainly, nothing that hasn't been mentioned her.. except..

for earrings, i use a clothes hanger and put various coloured paper clips through them. then i hang the earrings off them. i keep the clothes hanger hooked on the handle of my drawer which is insdie a built-in wardrobe

Bubble_Toes

HSC
me and my mum have loads and loads of jewellery so it was always a problem...

what she did with hers was those wire cooling racks for cookies.. yeah she hooked that up to her wall with nails.. and then hooked her earring onto it... and for her necklaces got paper clips bent them into the shape of a hook and hooked it onto the wire racks.. and then hangs her necklaces off it.. it looks really good but she's just got studs in a glass container...

with my jewellery... my earrings are hanging of a peice of lace stuck to the horizontal egde of a shelf... studds fit into the lace nicely aswell and you can have the lace as long as you want... cheap and chic... = )...

for bangles and necklaces.. i have shit loads... i used funky looking mug holders... they were 3 bux each and look neat and pretty... so if you want funky ideas for cheap prices... there you go = D

Bubble_Toes

HSC
i got my mug holders from this 2 dollar shop at a shopping mall... ther'e like metal with a wooden base... but i think you can get thrm from like homeware stores as well or storage places like howards storage

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I store a lot of my jewellery in jewellery boxes.

You can buy some nice jewellery boxes from jewellery stores, and glass shops like mikasa, etc sell some really nice crystal/glass boxes, hearts, etc that you can use to keep your jewellery in, I found a lot of good stuff in those shops.(I can't remember the names of the other stores)
I have a crystal glass ring holder, its a round thing with a long stick coming up in the centre and you put your rings onto it.

My friend bought me this nice jewellery storage cupboard. Jt has small draws, a box at the top with seperate compartments, and when you opened the glass door its like a wardrobe where you can hang necklaces off these hooks, its great. I'll post a pic of it.
Apart from that I also keep some of my stuff in what they originally came in.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
i have a couple of earring racks which i place all my earrings and necklaces...their pretty handy...and the earings dont get tangled at all

Lennie

I used to have the same problem until I realised that Jewellery can be used as decoration too (except for the expensive stuff).

I've included a few pics. All my jewellery is scattered around my room, mainly on my pin board and on top of my dresser. You don't have to designate space for it either. I have earrings hanging off my lampshade and vases etc. and really long necklaces hanging off the side of my mirror or picture frames. All of my bracelets are really in a big heap but i think it looks pretty cool.

Anyways here are a few graphics. I've taken the photos with my camera phone so its sorta dodgy, but it gives a basic idea.

^^ stack of bracelets

^^ Flower vase etc. I have a few earrings and neclaces hanging from the flowers as well.

^^ A section of my pin board. The lighting and camera was dodgy so it was hard to get a better shot. Pin boards are awesome for being able to position detailed necklaces.

nono

HSC
N/A
I have this bronze engraved bowl thingy I got from Bondi markets- I lined it with some black fabric and put all my cheaper jewellery in there and hang my earrings around the outisde of it.

Then, I have this blue ceramic plate in the shape of a leaf to put my gold/silver jewellery on. It looks neato cos it's like a display in itself.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
I store a lot of my jewellery in jewellery boxes.

You can buy some nice jewellery boxes from jewellery stores, and glass shops like mikasa, etc sell some really nice crystal/glass boxes, hearts, etc that you can use to keep your jewellery in, I found a lot of good stuff in those shops.(I can't remember the names of the other stores)
I have a crystal glass ring holder, its a round thing with a long stick coming up in the centre and you put your rings onto it.

My friend bought me this nice jewellery storage cupboard. Jt has small draws, a box at the top with seperate compartments, and when you opened the glass door its like a wardrobe where you can hang necklaces off these hooks, its great. I'll post a pic of it.
Apart from that I also keep some of my stuff in what they originally came in.
my best mate has the exact same thing (or sounds like it anyway)..i so want one haha

wrangler

HSC
ballarina barbie! the answer is grog bottles rum bottles are great especily cause there rouind, i have them all lined up un size order with necklaaces hanging of them and bracelets on top, this works best cause can c everything, and it doesent relly get angled, and it is a use of exessive pretty bottleS!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)