How to shrink jeans? (1 Viewer)

Janine

HSC
N/A
I've lost a bit of weight around the butt recently, and have a problem in that all my jeans now hang off around my butt area and look really funny. I don't want to have to buy new jeans, as these ones were expensive, not that old, and my absolute faves.

Does anyone have any tips for shrinking your jeans, so I can make them fit me better?

kaylz

HSC
Re: Shrinking jeans??

handwash, dry inside-out indoors.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC

Damn, I thought that this was going to be a thread asking if jeans usually shrunk as yours seemed to be getting tighter, then i could make a humorous quip about your arse getting bigger, but my hopes were dashed after reading the first clause.

HSC
N/A

To shrink anything made out of cotton, soak it in water for a little while then pop it into the dryer. :) You can do it over and over again as well - just be careful though as it will shrink ALL of the jeans! (waist and length too)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

how much will drying shrink jeans by? i was going to do it 'cause i need to get rid of about 15cm from the legs of mine but i cant afford to have them taken up atm.

HSC

i think if you were shrinking them enough to make them 15cm smaller in length, they would be fucking tiny around the waist

HSC
N/A

^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
how much will drying shrink jeans by? i was going to do it 'cause i need to get rid of about 15cm from the legs of mine but i cant afford to have them taken up atm.
At max a centimetre, I think. Maybe a little over depending on how much you shrink the whole the by.

15cm off you say? Just chop about 10cm off and safety pin the rest up for now :p

spank_meh

add me on MSN NOW!!!!
HSC

Egronk said:
Damn, I thought that this was going to be a thread asking if jeans usually shrunk
lol i thought that too :eek:

well last yr at the end of yr 12 we had a much up day and i brought my jeans.. i washed them and they were outside for a few days. Well guess wat>? lol they wouldnt fit me!!!!!! and worst of all the ziper got stuck inside them at the bottom.. gosh it was kinda halerios

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

You could also get them taken in. I lost a whole heap of weight and didn't want to spend too much money on buying new clothes, so I had my two favourite pairs of jeans taken in. It does cost around $15-$20.

I don't think I'd want to risk it shrinking them. You could possibly shrink them so much that they don't fit you or are too short!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

glitterfairy said:
At max a centimetre, I think. Maybe a little over depending on how much you shrink the whole the by.

15cm off you say? Just chop about 10cm off and safety pin the rest up for now :p
lol :)

i dryered them last night...the legs are still too long but the rest now fit perfectly, it was such a nice surprise - and yes i think i'll just pin 'em for now. oh and i only just realised today why they were so absurdly long - i accidentally bought the 'tall' ones when i was meant to get regular. whoops.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I've got a pair of mens black skinny jeans going on high heat in the dryer right now. They're fine around the thigh legs...but because they're one size too big for my waist, there's just just too much material around the arse. Fingers crossed.

If it's a matter of length, probably best to take it to the alterations folk at your local dry cleaners...or if you're tightarse (no pun intended), just find someone who knows how to fix em up on the sewing machine...it's not rocket science. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)