how to revise conics? (2 Viewers)

bottle01

HSC
4u trial exam in nxt thursday...i'm totally screwed out...

I've revised poly, complex, intergration, graphing, circle so far. They all seem fine to me, except conics...

I try to go through this chapter with my text book but there are massive formulaes that i need remember. Also when i was given a conic question, i had no idea in what direction i should go and how i can derive the answer. Apparently, paramatrics and locus seem fine to me in 3u as well...

Just wondering if any of you have some good ideas to revise conic and remember all the formula...I'm frustrating...:burn:

bboyelement

HSC
damn i just had exam too ... and goddamn one of the conics questions i have done b4 like exactly the same but for some reason when you sit in exam you kinda forget everything... i was so disappointed... i find it hard to study to study for conics ... i think the best thing you can do is just do lots of question and hope you you get the same type

P

pLuvia

Prove the different formulae you have learnt, because they are common in exams to be asked to derive a formula. Do lots of questions, usually the harder questions are based on the rectangular hyperbola so look out for them.
But usually you don't have to remember all the formulae, you can always use calculus to find tangent, normal, chord etc. Well basically use the same method of study as you did for the other ones

bottle01

HSC
don't we need to remember the formulae for rectangular? or do we just need to know how to prove them?! Rectangular seems to be particularly hard for me...:mad1:

there is just too much information that you need to remember:bomb: ...and basically, i only have 5 days, divided into english paper 1, visual art, physics and maths ext 2...omg...omg...omg

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Draw a sketch of xy=c2 and label it everything you possibly can including equation of directrices, foci, intercepts etc. and just learn it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)