How to regain motivation and avoid burning out post-Trials (1 Viewer)

Metamorphoses

HSC
Hey everyone,
So trials ended two weeks ago, and since then, i've pretty much burnt out. I've done almost 0 work since, and i'm really struggling to become motivated again - to the point where I feel miserable at school.

This is because I worked super hard and expended all my energy into studying for trials, and now I feel like I have nothing left to give. Also, although my marks were really good, they didn't bring the satisfaction I thought they would. I can't avoid the feeling that I nearly murdered myself with study and it was kind of pointless.
The issue is also compounded by the fact that my teachers are already bombarding us with work and expecting us to be studying at full capacity again, but I simply don't have the energy to do any of it - which makes me feel slack and lazy.

I'm wondering if anyone is feeling the same, and if anyone has advice on how I can regain motivation and start studying again?
I've worked consistently up to this point, and it would be a shame if I burnt out now and then stuffed up the actual HSC.

Help would be very much appreciated :angel:

crispycarrot

HSC
After 40 minutes of Shia LaBeouf on repeat, I can already see myself graduating from USyd Medicine.

Last edited:

Traxoom73

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I felt the same way one year ago, but I guess you've got to remember that it isn't over till it's over heh, externals are 50% of your final mark and is influenced entirely by how you perform on the day so it's important to do well. You've worked so hard to get here, so don't let it all go to waste! ^^ Go for a run, watch a movie, hang out with mates and then come back to studying once you feel refreshed (you can't study if you're unmotivated) - there's still plenty of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)