How to prep for uni (1 Viewer)

stevie444

HSC
Hi All,
I just finished my HSC exams, and am wondering what I can do to get prepared for uni over the holidays. Obviously I will be taking a long time to relax with friends, travel etc. but the break is still extremely long and I feel like I could spend even a small amount of time to get ahead on class material or reading.

Am I being too ambitious? Should I just chill tf out?

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
I don't think you're being too ambitious at all. I can see myself getting bored of too much free time, especially after years of having a routine of strictly study, aha. First of all, definitely chill out.

If you want to get prepared and it is out of your own desire to, I'd advise that you read up on the unit guides for your first-year units of the course you're most likely going to do. That way you have a scope of what you will be learning and have an idea of what concepts you'll find easier / harder. Usually with first year it is pretty chill.

After completing HSC, take advantage of your big break because university is sort of like high school all over again but in a different way lol.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
well this only gonna be the time u will see another big break but tbh u can just work a lot and make them bank in a crappy part timer or catch up with the assumed knowledge of ur course if u dont meet it

clotho

HSC
N/A
I think you should spend at least some time to prepare. You can spend majority of in doing your own things. You can like learn new study techniques or practice memorization and speed reading. It can seem negligible right now but can give you competitive advantage in your uni life. I recommend you justin sung ICanStudy course. You can do both, prepare and chill.

MJRey

HSC
Chill first... that should be your number one priority. If you wanted to get ahead on uni content, you can read documents on course sturcture and stuff like that so you know what to expect going in. And yeah, uni is like high school but better... whilst it feels like you're doing the HSC all over again each semester, it's much easier to do your own thing and you don't have to be accountable to anyone but yourself. Plus it's a lot easier to meet people more like you, so it'll be a better ride than doing the HSC, with great people going on the same journey with you.

HSC
N/A
imo,

Take a break. U have done 12 yrs of schooling and the next 3-5 yrs r gonna be intense. Just try to relax, hang out with mates, if u really want to have a look at ur courses what subjects interest U but just more importantly relac
I am glad they gonna be intense.
bored as hell

HSC
N/A
bro's life was HSC. Go find a hobby lol
nah it wasnt I barely studied for the HSC and im probs gonna get a 66 ATAR its just you spend a lot of ur time at home and no im not gonna indulge in ur activities of playing video games and becoming unproductive etc sorry man

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
nah it wasnt I barely studied for the HSC and im probs gonna get a 66 ATAR its just you spend a lot of ur time at home and no im not gonna indulge in ur activities of playing video games and becoming unproductive etc sorry man
Bruh moment. How are you going to say you barely studied but have no hobbies. I don't play video games, but I do have hobbies Lmao. Don't apologise to me mate go do something interesting instead of sitting there with your 66 atar complaining you're bored. Learn a language, an instrument, code. Hobbies don't have to be games 💀 Seems like you just wasted your time away in high school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)