How to prep for trials?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hi guys

so i do 3u math, chem, bio, eng adv and pdh. Can anyone provide any specific advice how to start prepping and like maybe a timeline i could follow. ik that i need to go back to mod 5 qs or like term 1 math content but idrk how to do that, when to start and what to do. im really confused and overwhelmed with the amount of work i would have needed to have done before trials

Could someones please help me with this.

Thanks

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
hi guys

so i do 3u math, chem, bio, eng adv and pdh. Can anyone provide any specific advice how to start prepping and like maybe a timeline i could follow. ik that i need to go back to mod 5 qs or like term 1 math content but idrk how to do that, when to start and what to do. im really confused and overwhelmed with the amount of work i would have needed to have done before trials

Could someones please help me with this.

Thanks
1. Finish off studying all relevant content
2. Grind out practice Qs i.e basic routine questions in respective textbooks to a point of mastery
3. Do as much past papers as you can and monitor your results, do not blindly do them but rather ensure you recognise what you're doing wrong consistently and focus on fixing on that.

That's what I'd do if I had a good chunk of time between today and the trials.

HSC
1. Finish off studying all relevant content
2. Grind out practice Qs i.e basic routine questions in respective textbooks to a point of mastery
3. Do as much past papers as you can and monitor your results, do not blindly do them but rather ensure you recognise what you're doing wrong consistently and focus on fixing on that.

That's what I'd do if I had a good chunk of time between today and the trials.
Thanks for your reply :)

by past papers u mean school trial papers right like my school's.
the thing is its gonna test qs i havent learnt yet so its not rlly possible to do a full timed paper right.

ms_grape_taco

HSC
somewhat related to this thread, but how do you remember stuff (pure facts, processes, statistics) for subjects such as economics/biology/chemistry/physics (mod 7 especially) in the long term?

I wanna start doing trials but idk if it'll be useful or not? or should i save questions/exams?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Thanks for your reply :)

by past papers u mean school trial papers right like my school's.
the thing is its gonna test qs i havent learnt yet so its not rlly possible to do a full timed paper right.
Past papers i mean from thsc, like any trial paper. Preferably from reputable schools.

For your second part, yeah, that's why I said to fully master the content first by grinding out qs from textbooks then attempt a full timed paper. The earlier, the better. Don't worry about failing or doing bad in a practice exam, it'll save u from doing that in the real exam

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
somewhat related to this thread, but how do you remember stuff (pure facts, processes, statistics) for subjects such as economics/biology/chemistry/physics (mod 7 especially) in the long term?

I wanna start doing trials but idk if it'll be useful or not? or should i save questions/exams?
There’s no real trick to it for memorising stats (economics), try flash cards. Especially when the stats update so often

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)