How to perform a credit transfer (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
Hi I am currently a first year at Mac Uni, and want to go straight into 2nd year commerce at UNSW at years end. ATM, im getting 66 for Management, 63 for Accounting (defintiely going to be pulled to 70-75), Capital Markets and Institutions/techniques and elements of finance - 88, and 86 for stat170 i think its econ stats in UNSW. So anyway im on track for a Credid transfer atm, does anyone know the process Id have to undertake to successfully be at UNSW nextyear? Thanks in advance

jikijiki

HSC
Hey, I was in a similar boat as you last year, I was doing Economics at Mac as a first year and now I'm doing Eco @ UNSW.

First I'm guessing you would need a high credit/D average (you're probably on track if you continue doing getting your current grades).

Then you look at the corresponding UNSW units: http://credittransfer.unsw.edu.au/ . <-- Make sure you do units @ Mac which allows for a credit transfer to UNSW. Also, print out a form from somewhere on that link where you have to fill in what credits you think you may transfer.

At the end of the year (assuming u get a good average), you go to the Macquarie student centre across from the big food court, ask for an academic transcript (around $10?) and get it printed on the spot.

Apply for Comm from UAC, wait till you are approved (I got mine in the main round, like HSC -> Mac).

Go to UNSW's student central near the library, hand in your academic transcript along with a form you printed in the first step and you're done.

If you're not sure on what to do, they send you a brochure detailing the steps, you could also try to call student services and enrolment centre. Also, you will have a 0 WAM when you start UNSW.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
If you are first year, it'll take your ATAR and your uni marks into account. What's your ATAR?
You have to apply at UAC.

crazy_paki123

HSC
^im applying at the end of the year. So ATAR gets negated? Anyways i got 81.5 for my ATAR. I thought atar only mattered for mid year transfers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)