how to meet more people? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
It isn't but erm is right, at least in the first year.

I think I said it in the past though, if you're asian, you do com/law/med and you went to selective school, chances are, you'll probably end up knowing half the people in your faculty anyway?
For the other people, just get to know a person who went to a selective school, and use their contacts to get ot know more people.

That's how I know most of my friends at uni. Friends of friends.

EdmondDW

HSC
I hava lots of friends...and still want to make more...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I hava lots of friends...and still want to make more...
I know enough people nowadays... Now I can't be bothered wasting time talking to randoms anymore because I want to finish uni already.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
It's not easy i guess for people who truly experienced it. I acquainted many people but finding friends seems harder. Shallow conversations happens for the first few seconds before lecture/tute starts, then maybe again during 10min break if any, when lecture is over, everyone go their own way.
Everyone I met so far seem to have high school networks already, or befriended strangers who have similar timetable or succeeded during o-week.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
guaranteed winah! see below

Get a box. cut a hole in the box. put your dick in the box. tie a ribbon around the box and give the person a present with your dick in the box

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
post ur pic somewhere on bos, then someone from unsw section will say 'omg i saw u the other day'

sup wrong_turn and missanonymous7 :wave:

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
post ur pic somewhere on bos, then someone from unsw section will say 'omg i saw u the other day'

sup wrong_turn and missanonymous7 :wave:
sup :wave: (again)

heh, i thought about posting my pic in the photos thread a couple of times, but then realised two things:
1. people don't seem to appreciate newbies posting pics in the pics thread unless the newbie is hot.
2. posting a photo would render my username invalid ;)

It's not easy i guess for people who truly experienced it. I acquainted many people but finding friends seems harder. Shallow conversations happens for the first few seconds before lecture/tute starts, then maybe again during 10min break if any, when lecture is over, everyone go their own way.
Everyone I met so far seem to have high school networks already, or befriended strangers who have similar timetable or succeeded during o-week.
Yeah :(

I know what you mean about the whole acquaintences / friends thing. it is a lot easier if you're doing a course that involves labs; i would say that i've made two friends at uni so far, both met either during labs or because of labs. i have had LOTS of the 'shallow conversations' you mentioned with aquaintences.

(actually, something freaky happened to me - this guy in my course struck up an actual proper conversation (as opposed to a shallow pre-lecture conversation) with me on my very first day at uni, and I started thinking "oh, ok...my first 'friend' at uni, cool", and then I never ever saw him again. :confused: seriously he just disappeared. WEIRD.)

Last edited:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
yep, I saw 'em too. so damn smooth. you can tell that fucker uses top quality moisturizer
Ahh lol nah sorry those arent mine.

Those are the experiment dude's, he was waiting for me to finish it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)