How to manage time efficiently? (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Just recently transferred schools, my travel time will be around 1hr one way. How do I manage my time efficiently? I don’t want to screw up my yr 12 subjects so I rlly need advice here

thanks in adv.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
- take advantage of study periods
- use a calendar or journal that you can write due dates of assessments in + other key dates
- make to-do lists everyday and try to make them realistic

I never used any forest or ytp or apps idk but try some of those too if it keeps you organised and accountable. planning ahead is very important

Cute-Duckie

HSC
- Keep on top of school work and exams
- Ask teachers for help and advice
- Actually work in class
- Assuming you're travelling on a train or bus or something, do some work on that (be it reading, taking notes, whatever's accessible to you)
- Study smarter, not harder
- Don't overcommit on extracurriculars. Better to start off with 'too little' and add some than start off with too much and be obligated to stay in them

moonsuyoung

HSC
Is 1hr one way rlly bad?
hmmm i don't think so as most people i know do travel that far to school but it gets a little tiring sometimes. you can always try revise flashcards, read prescribed texts, plan, or just rest in between those travel times because you've just been learning stuff for like the whole day!

Cute-Duckie

HSC
Is 1hr one way rlly bad?
If that's your entire commute then it's not very bad actually, you just have to get started on homework when you get home instead of lounging around for a bit (although rest is still important, find a balance)

liamkk112

HSC
for me i had about a one hour commute for 8am classes 9/10 days (extension 2 and 1 math classes were in the morning monday-thursday, and every second friday we got off school), would probably get home around 5ish depending on delays and all that, would shower and eat and start studying around 6-6:30, and would study until 9-10 depending on how i felt

as long as u really take advantage of the after school hours and time given in class to do work, you should be fine. just try to do any homework the moment it's given if you're lucky enough to have time in class to work on it, some classes you won't be as fortunate but try to reserve those after school hours purely for work that isn't homework eg assignments or past papers, that way you can squeeze out the value of those last hours in the day. i also always slept at 9-10 no matter what since i had 6am wakeup, i literally cannot survive with less than 8hrs sleep and 8hrs sleep is still barely enough lol, but sleep is very important so don't pull all nighters.

id also recommend going ahead a little bit in each class, eg in maths i would always complete the textbook chapters ahead of time since i knew that we were going to have to hand it in for homework. that way, when the homework is due you've done it a week ago, and without the rush of needing to do 100 questions in a few days.

in terms of what i did on the commute to school, literally nothing lol. i just listened to music on the bus, its good to have an hour to do nothing before the 7 hours of school starts, that way you can be prepared to absorb all the knowledge and all that. sometimes before exams i would read over some notes or somethin quickly, but no intensive study. as i said try to be on top of everything afterschool, then the mornings u dont have to stress over everything and can take a hour to get ready without having to worry about if ur assignment is done or whatever.

i also planned out everything ahead of time, id just write whatever daily tasks i wanted to finish on a tissue, crossed them off when i was done - eg the night before, id just write down that i wanted to finish a particular textbook chapter or whatever. i also had a sticky note on my laptop where i tracked the long term deadlines like assessments and had subheadings for each one, for example for my software major project id write down whatever feature or part of documentation i needed, and ticked them off as i finished them. these subtasks are also the ones you can write down on the tissue to remind u of what needs to be done in the near future. whenever i got homework i would also add it to my laptop sticky notes, that way i wouldnt forget, and i would prioritise those homework tasks before working on anything else so i wouldn't forget.

overall id say the commute is very managable and will probably be worse when ur commuting to uni anyway, just try to be productive in the small times u have to work hard and otherwise try to manage ur sleep and be on top of all of the tasks u need to do

Cute-Duckie

HSC
for me i had about a one hour commute for 8am classes 9/10 days (extension 2 and 1 math classes were in the morning monday-thursday, and every second friday we got off school), would probably get home around 5ish depending on delays and all that, would shower and eat and start studying around 6-6:30, and would study until 9-10 depending on how i felt
9/10 days is craaazy, I had 5/10 last year and that was a lot 😭

liamkk112

HSC
9/10 days is craaazy, I had 5/10 last year and that was a lot 😭
its coz i had ext2 on monday + tuesday, and then ext1 on wednesday + thursday

but in year 11 i only had wednesday + thursday coz only ext1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)