How to lose calf muscle?????? (1 Viewer)

jessi90

HSC
I exercise daily by skipping and in turn I have developed massive calf muscles... they are not in proportion to the rest of my body... so how can I reduce them??? will keeping myself from protein work? how long do i have to do it for? any other ideas?? how can i exercise besides skipping so i dont make the muscles bigger??? i read info from sites but they tell you to do calf exercises and stretches... doesnt that HELP develop muscles??? anyone know from experience? PLEASE HELP ME :S

i miss my beautiful legs :(

help me and i will forever be in debt to you!!!!

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
try... not skipping daily

some pilates exercises would be a good substitute, most of them dont involve you being on your feet

and are you sure its muscle and not fat?

jessi90

HSC
definitely muscle.. its hard and u can see it. if its fat i wouldn't have started this thread

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
basically you need to be trying to use them as little as possible. try to avoid walking or doing exercise in a manner that uses puts the impact on the front of your foot (because this mean you use your calves more.

your body won't attempt to maintain a muscle that isn't being used much, this is why people who have a limb in a cast lose a lot of that muscle. obviously its easier said than done with your calves, seeing as walking is a pretty non-negotiable activity, but walking with less stress on the front of your foot will mean you use your calves less. also try not to walk in heels and stuff cos that will work your calves too probably cos your EVEN MORE on the front of your feet.

another suggestion would be to try and stretch them out a lot and make them more elongated. maybe give some pilates or something like that a go.

my last suggestion would be that light weight training on the calves now and then can help to make them leaner. using a very small amount of weight and doing a large amount of repetitions will promote muscular endurance and lean muscle, as opposed to heavier training which promotes muscle growth and strength (which you don't want).

maybe ask a doc too if you're struggling.

jessi90

HSC
basically you need to be trying to use them as little as possible. try to avoid walking or doing exercise in a manner that uses puts the impact on the front of your foot (because this mean you use your calves more.

your body won't attempt to maintain a muscle that isn't being used much, this is why people who have a limb in a cast lose a lot of that muscle. obviously its easier said than done with your calves, seeing as walking is a pretty non-negotiable activity, but walking with less stress on the front of your foot will mean you use your calves less. also try not to walk in heels and stuff cos that will work your calves too probably cos your EVEN MORE on the front of your feet.

another suggestion would be to try and stretch them out a lot and make them more elongated. maybe give some pilates or something like that a go.

my last suggestion would be that light weight training on the calves now and then can help to make them leaner. using a very small amount of weight and doing a large amount of repetitions will promote muscular endurance and lean muscle, as opposed to heavier training which promotes muscle growth and strength (which you don't want).

maybe ask a doc too if you're struggling.
thanks for that... how would i train my calves using lightweight and high reps? 'standing calf raises'? doesnt this build muscle?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
thanks for that... how would i train my calves using lightweight and high reps? 'standing calf raises'? doesnt this build muscle?
it wouldnt increase muscle size, it'd "cut up" your calves, make em more lean, increase ur endurance, basically you could probably climb more stairs and get less tired (though that'd depend on ur quads too), but it wouldnt increase muscle size.

but yeah, also try to not use ur calves much, just try not working out calves, or skipping less.

regular stretching, ie via pilates, seems like a good idea too.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
maybe she skips in a way that she jumps using her calves, less leg movement means u can skip faster, so they'd be less quad involvement and more calf involvement.

thats what i think anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)