How to implement a personal voice in MOD A? (2 Viewers)

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
I have come across this many times in practice essays and am currently a bit confused regarding the implementation of a personal judgement on this question... any ideas? Thanks!

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
voice and judgement are two different things

I feel like you don't need to make a conscious effort in order to implement personal voice, it just shows in stuff like your thesis, analysis and expression. every student has a unique voice without really trying, unless they're plagiarising or something

when it comes to personal judgement you can show this in your conclusion, my teacher always recommended some type of evaluation in the conclusion using evaluative adverbs like [interestingly, ironically, consequently, surprisingly, unfortunately , remarkably, paradoxically] etc.

also evaluative statements or sentence starters like "Consequently, we see in today's world..." or "In light of this, we are led to consider our own..." or "...the composer reminds us of the importance of..."

if you show judgement in your conclusion or even throughout your essay it shows the marker that you personally engaged with the text and that you have your own opinions about it, objective analysis alone isn't usually enough for band 6

I have a doc on evaluative language with more examples than the ones I gave, if you want it then lmk

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
voice and judgement are two different things

I feel like you don't need to make a conscious effort in order to implement personal voice, it just shows in stuff like your thesis, analysis and expression. every student has a unique voice without really trying, unless they're plagiarising or something

when it comes to personal judgement you can show this in your conclusion, my teacher always recommended some type of evaluation in the conclusion using evaluative adverbs like [interestingly, ironically, consequently, surprisingly, unfortunately , remarkably, paradoxically] etc.

also evaluative statements or sentence starters like "Consequently, we see in today's world..." or "In light of this, we are led to consider our own..." or "...the composer reminds us of the importance of..."

if you show judgement in your conclusion or even throughout your essay it shows the marker that you personally engaged with the text and that you have your own opinions about it, objective analysis alone isn't usually enough for band 6

I have a doc on evaluative language with more examples than the ones I gave, if you want it then lmk
that would be amazing - could I have that doc - I can DM you my email. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)