How to get to Campbeltown uni?? (1 Viewer)

liz

HSC
Hey i'm going to bansktown uni but have to enrol at cambeltown, so i was wondering if anyone knows how to get from campeltown staion to the uni?? Like is there a bus and how regular does it run??

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
wasnt; that today?! oh wait it depends on what course you do doesn't it :D *smacks head*

in the uac guide it says the easiest way to get to campbelltown is get off at macarthur station & catch a bus? maybe you should check the site (it's not too helpful though :p)

bloody hell i got COMPLETELY lost today, i caught the train to campbelltown station (took soooo long, i live near the city), and on the uws website it says there are buses from the station to the campus, so i assumed they meant campbelltown station.

i walked outside, and asked a busdriver which bus goes to uws, and he's like, get on this one (and he made me pay full fare! even though i had my concession card!)

he said he'd tell me when we got to uws, and my sister called me so i wasn't paying much attention to where we were going
and then the busdriver goes, "ok, get out here and walk up. *points*"
i get off, walk where he pointed me... and it's the bloody TAFE campus O___o

luckily it's right next to uws. but i didn't know this lol so i went into tafe, wandered around for a while looking for an office, until a few oldish men (in uniform) rescued me adn told me to walk down the road and i wouldn't miss teh uni. took me about 15mins to walk.

lol i found the enrolment building at around 11:45 or so (i was meant to be there at 9:30, i completely missed the lecture) -__-

have fun!!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Take the M5, and then take the second campbelltown exit - on to narellan road, i think it is. It's on the right, you can't miss it.

JRasnier

i thought there was shuttle services to from campbelltown station to get to uws, if there isnt that means i gotta get off at campbelltown then change trains just to get to macarthur, which im really gonna love to hate...

Rani84

Rani84
HSC
Its prolly best to catch the train to macathur station, and u can actually see the uni from the station.
They do have a uni shuttle bus, but i am not sure how frequently they run now a days. You don't catch the shuttle bus from where the normal buses are. Just walk towards the underground tunnel and next to it, you will see stairs on ur right. Climb up to the top and wait where the seats are under the shelter thingy. Hopefully a shuttle bus should come at least every half an hour or so, but i am not sure how reliable they are in the holidays.

JRasnier

man i got lost too.....i got to campbelltown, looked around for bus stop for uws, kept lookin kept lookin for like 2 hours...then asked 2 bus drivers.....the bus for uws is through the tunnel, then the opposite side of the block (square)........and then across the road at a park..........its like 10 mins walk......and even then i got off at the sign....which i then accidentally walked into tafe....which i notice immediately, but though ill go get a drink from canteen.....then i walked all the way to uws, got the handbook, but then i waited for bus at the bus stop in front of uws....which never came while i was waiting, so i walked all the way to macarthur station, which i was scared shitlesss (scared of heights) cause the wooden planks were bending and squeeking everytime i took a step....as in really literally bending...i left blacktown station at 9 and got back at 2:30 lolz...even if i just went to get handbook, lucky i went to test how long and how to get there, or else i would of been really really late for enrolments (my enrolment is this wednesday)

ruski_gal

theres a pathway from mac station to the uni. It leads right from the station to the uni. However ive heard a couple of stories about people getting bashed up on it. But it always looks ok to me. U get off the train at Macathur and go up the walky thing. And head away from the shopping centre, and eventually u will get to the uni.
Easy peasy.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
go to macarthur station, you will not 'get bashed up' on it, i grew up in that area and it's perfectly fine. it's the same as a lot of 'bad' areas, don't go looking for trouble and you'll be okay.

JRasnier

reason why i dont like to go to macarthur is cause, i dont have a direct train there...i would have to get off at campbelltown and change trains...lolz and i dont feel like bring my laptop to uni anymore....if i have to walk that path...

Last edited:

ohne

HSC
Originally posted by JRasnier
reason why i dont like to go to macarthur is cause, i dont have a direct train there...i would have to get off at campbelltown and change trains...lolz and i dont feel like bring my laptop to uni anymore....if i have to walk that path...
Don't worry about it. It's not realy a bad area. Of a day time I see no reason why you should be worried about taking a laptop through there.

VX1-08U

It's for the best that you don't carry items which attract attention, don't know who's watching these days.

VX1-08U

so i walked all the way to macarthur station, which i was scared shitlesss (scared of heights) cause the wooden planks were bending and squeeking everytime i took a step....as in really literally bending

Did you see all the shopping trolleys at the bottom? - It's a long way down ... jokes. Should really be talking as heights ain't thing either. The bridge itself is safe, but the planks itself don't line up properly, so watch out you don't trip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)