How to get a job thread! (1 Viewer)

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wanted to start a thread where everyone wrote down how they got their current/previous jobs and/or interviews, what kind of interviews they asked etc, since there are a lot of threads about interview questions and how to get a job.

Here's some of my examples:

Name of place/Type of place JB Hi-Fi
Position Christmas Casual - Counter/DVDs
How did you initially apply? Applied online as it was a new store
What sort of questions did they ask in the interview? Stuff like what makes good customer service, what would I do if x situation occurs, what kind of music I liked..
Did you end up getting the job? Why/Why Not? Yes - pretty sure because the manager liked that I worked at a well known company previously.
Wage/Salary and Age (if relevant) $19.50 ish as a 20yo casual
Additional comments

Name of place/Type of place Boost Juice
Position Team member
How did you initially apply? Sent resume online
What sort of questions did they ask in the interview? What I liked about Boost, why I wanted to work there, what my favourite drink was + I had to have a trial shift.
Did you end up getting the job? Why/Why Not? Yes
Wage/Salary and Age (if relevant) $16.50, 19yo
Additional comments Around half the employees there got the job through recommendations from friends. And if they're looking to hire several people at once, they'll usually have an "audition" which is basically a group interview and usually the outgoing, cheerful and funny ones will get through

Name of place/Type of place Local cafe
Position All rounder
How did you initially apply? In person
What sort of questions did they ask in the interview? Basically just when could I start lol because he was very desperate for workers at that time
Did you end up getting the job? Why/Why Not? Yes
Wage/Salary and Age (if relevant) $8.50, 15yo
Additional comments

Last edited:

Kittikhun

HSC
Name of place/Type of place Sizzler
Position Christmas Casual - Casual in Utility
How did you initially apply? Applied online
What sort of questions did they ask in the interview? Can you handle working in a fast paced environment? What is your availability to work?
Did you end up getting the job? Why/Why Not? Yes. My sister already works there and has been for around five years, and I also have worked as a casual at a factory that is fast-paced.
Wage/Salary and Age (if relevant) $16.50 during the 3 month probation and after that if they like me and wish for me to stay I earn about $21 an hour, more on public holidays as a 20yo casual
Additional comments
Get any job you can get and know that nepotism is rife in regards to employment. Being honest and maintaining your integrity can sometimes hurt you in a way in regards to employment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)