How to cope with University people and friends (1 Viewer)

Dream-Big

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello everyone

I'm doing Bachelor of Mechnical Engineering at UTS this year and I know that I must go to Orientation camp. My Orientation camp is this Monday to Wednesday from 10th Monday to 12th Wednesday.

I know I will have to go to this camp because it said it was a requirement.

How are the people like in Mechencial Engineering at UTS? I would like to know to communicate and get in touch with new people. Also, are there any girls doing Mechenical Engineering at UTS. I heard that there will be, but not many. Should I bring a pillow + blanket + clock + phone with me or is that already there for me? Am I going to be sleeping with other people in the same room?

Alkanes

HSC
Hello everyone

I'm doing Bachelor of Mechnical Engineering at UTS this year and I know that I must go to Orientation camp. My Orientation camp is this Monday to Wednesday from 10th Monday to 12th Wednesday.

How are the people like in Mechencial Engineering at UTS? I would like to know to communicate and get in touch with new people. Also, are there any girls doing Mechenical Engineering at UTS. I heard that there will be, but not many. Should I bring a pillow + blanket + clock + phone with me or is that already there for me? Am I going to be sleeping with other people in the same room?
Just don't be too ambitious on this.

Staying on topic. Going to camp is the best opportunity to make uni friends. Just be open and social and i'm sure you'll meet a lot of new people.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello everyone

I hear that the cabins for the IT/ICT major students were really bad and shitty. Sleeping in such dirty and mosited shared rooms and beds. Don't even bother bringing your electronics or computers with you as the power plug is high on the ceiling and probably designed for mechanical use.

As for the bad rooms, you shouldn't have a problem with making new friends as the groups are divided into 5 from what I've heard. From there you do various activities and chill with your group. Depending how you go, you'll probably have these friends of yours for the whole entire degree. It's totally worth it and I see why they made this mandatory for all new students. See how you go.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
As I've said in my other post, just don't bring electronics and phones with you as the power plugs are up in the ceiling. The rooms are very bad and very moisted.

Otherwise, just make new friends and keep up with these people for the rest of your 5 year degree in Engo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)