How to answer "effectiveness of the legal system" (1 Viewer)

me182

HSC
Can someone please help me with this, how to answer questions where it's asking you to evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system?

Much appreciated, thanks.

cal-

Banned
HSC
talk about purposes of punishment maybe and the effectiveness criteria for individuals, which are:
- enforceability
- equality
- protection of individuals rights
- resource efficiency
- access

if it's a crime scenario question, make sure you link each point back to the scenario.

m&ss2008

HSC
cal- said:
talk about purposes of punishment maybe and the effectiveness criteria for individuals, which are:
- enforceability
- equality
- protection of individuals rights
- resource efficiency
- access
that would have been a really good answer in my legal test last friday

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
The most important thing is to look at where the legal system has worked in addressing the issue (use a case!) and where it hasn't.
And then make a judgement as to whether it has been effective, and justify it with those cases.

More times than not the legal system is somewhat effective but hindered by something (for example, in international law, state sovereignty = law is not 100% effective. always.)

tessery

HSC
Make sure to look in your syllabus! Depending what area you are doing, it always sets out the effectiveness criteria you need to analyse the legal system from. took me ages to realise that lol my teacher failed to mention it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)