How tf does uni grading work (1 Viewer)

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Medicine, idk, I have this thing against USYD and UNSW and all the other hyped-up ones. They seem more like status to me at this point. More and more I'm seeing doctors taking courses at MQ and the few I've spoken with are actually well educated.
Yeah but if you went to unsw or usyd for undergrad medicine courses wouldn’t it be better for postgrad? it’s just stupid you’re paying more and won’t get the opportunity that those students get, ngl you’re making it harder for yourself. Status comes into big play when you’re applying for postgrad, even a lot wsu postgrad students went to usyd and unsw, unless you want to take a huge risk than do it. Macquarie is just a cash grab I’ve seen people say that literally nobody gets into med and if they do they’re extremely lucky. I’m not trying to be rude just being real 😁

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Yeah but if you went to unsw or usyd for undergrad medicine courses wouldn’t it be better for postgrad? it’s just stupid you’re paying more and won’t get the opportunity that those students get, ngl you’re making it harder for yourself. Status comes into big play when you’re applying for postgrad, even a lot wsu postgrad students went to usyd and unsw, unless you want to take a huge risk than do it. Macquarie is just a cash grab I’ve seen people say that literally nobody gets into med and if they do they’re extremely lucky. I’m not trying to be rude just being real 😁
no no, i know you're not being rude, i really appreciate the reply!
thank you so much, i'll definitely take that on board

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
In the few university units I did, one unit had no exam periods and it was all hand-ins. All work was individual, however, I did have one task where I had to peer mark the assignments that others handed in and that contributed to my overall mark/grade. Another unit had class tests only; a mid-semester, an end-of-semester and one during the official university exam period.

You may or may not have some tasks that don't contribute to your overall grade, but they must be completed since they are a hurdle requirement and you will fail the unit otherwise. This could be participation quizzes and whatnot. However, this does vary across universities.

You should aim for a HD where possible though (no pressure), because,,,, academic validation :D

Not sure how much my response contributes, but I'd say @jimmysmith560 summed it perfectly!
Bro aren't you in HS

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Bro aren't you in HS
Some universities offer opportunities for high school students to complete some university units while still at school. Examples of such universities include MQ, ACU and UNE.

Also THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP

Is maintaining a credit average at uni hard? <3
Generally speaking, it should not be difficult to maintain a credit average, especially if you are regularly studying and diligently completing your assignments/exams, in which case you can definitely exceed a credit average. Of course, the exact difficulty of this would depend on the degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)