• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How should I study/organise for these subjects??? HELP... (1 Viewer)

dtmtrano

HSC
Hello people, I have been contemplating about how I should study for these subjects:

English Extension 1
Maths Extension 2
Studies of Religion 1
Modern History
Business Studies

I am currently adapting to this method:

1. One binder folder for each subject which consists of:
- Plastic sleeve for each topic learnt including worksheets and textbook printouts. (I was wondering if I should perhaps use loose leaf sheets so I can do class work on them then slip these sheets inside the plastic sleeve so that everything is nice and compact in one spot). But I'll probably just use an exercise book.
- Once a topic done, I will write a summary of all areas covered and the important sub topics in the topic, including a summary from the syllabus based on the topic. I will then place this outline summary as the cover of the plastic sleeve.
I will do this for each topic.
- At the back, I will have the syllabus and course outline for the subject.
- At the front I will have a list of topics for both Prelim and HSC course.

2. A spiral notebook for each subject to compile study notes, practice essays for english, and brainstorm hard questions and formulae for maths. For notes, I use Cornell Method.

3. A small notebook (A5) where I can write checklists of what to study weeks before exams and to carry around so I can revise topic by topic in my head. As well as plan for assignments.

4. And of course, I will do past papers.

Is there any other way I could imply to improve my study? And what are some textbooks I should use for my subjects?

For planning, I just use the calendar on my laptop that syncs with my phone and a reminders list of things to do on my laptop and phone. I also use a daily agenda list on both laptop and phone to help me see what I have to do each day.

Many thanks and all the best to everyone this year and their studies!

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
plastic sleeves can get a bit bothersome, imo. it's up to you though, only because for me, they block out the dividers and can get really annoying to fiddle around with.

You also don't prelim stuff for any of your subs, I think, so that might be extra redundant work haha

but your study methods seem really solid and organised. you sound like you know what your doing. tbh, as long as you find a systematic way of organising your work that works for you, stick with it!! depending on what kind of person you are, technology may not work as well (personal experience) and I prefer using a physical diary. but if phone/laptop works for you, go with it :D everyone is individual and have individual methods, so do whatever you please. There's not really a right or wrong way of studying.

textbook recs:
- MX2: terry lee, sydney grammar cambridge 4u, heard patel is good too

don't know about your other ones, sorry :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)