How should I respond to a question that needs me to talk about storytelling? (1 Viewer)

HSC
My essay question for the Common Mod assignment is, "It is through the telling of stories that we come to understand what it means to be human. Evaluate this statement with close reference to your prescribed text and ONE related text."

My text is 1984. I have no idea how to approach this or how to formulate a thesis around this question. Does anyone have any thesis ideas?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i think the storytelling aspect of the rubric is actually very similar to the year 11 module a - narratives that shape our world. for that module, the relationship between the storyteller and the listener was focused on as well as the types of narratives/stories that are shared.

that being said, storytelling is also in the rubric for the common module - They may also consider the role of storytelling throughout time to express and reflect particular lives and cultures. you should talk about any 'narratives' that are spread within the text (eg. narrative of social unity, narrative of yknow living in a perfect world or something like that?)

storytelling was also the 2020 hsc question for the common module, so it would be good if your school had some exemplars from that or if the school/local library has the hsc exam workbook (which my teacher did and shared the responses with my class).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)