How often do you study? (1 Viewer)

theBOD

HSC
Im entering my first year and was just curious how many hours you guys study a day, week etc.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Umm... we do our homework and then do the vast majority of study and making notes and all that after semester is over, but before exams.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I study more than I did during the HSC so that's saying something.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Im entering my first year and was just curious how many hours you guys study a day, week etc.
1 or 2 hours per day is enough for normal semester days.

Heading towards exam ie: during stuvac, probably 5-6 per day.

Though most of my 'studying' is just reading the textbook.

kcqn93

HSC
During the semester I usually don't have time to study since there's always an assignment or task due.

Hardcore cramming during stuvac.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
During the semester I usually don't have time to study since there's always an assignment or task due.

Hardcore cramming during stuvac.
This.
Early in the semester, yes, plenty of time to study, but as midsem approaches, prob no time to study without sacrificing sleep (and who'd do that during the semester? except for doing last minute assignments).

zaqwerty

HSC
Most of my time during semester is dedicated to readings and/or assessments - these can be very time consuming. As exams approach you will have completed your assessments and can focus more on actual study for the exam. During the few weeks before exams I spend around 5 to 8 hours a day studying.. But it really depends on what kind of marks you want.

Skriker

HSC
Most of my time during semester is dedicated to readings and/or assessments - these can be very time consuming. As exams approach you will have completed your assessments and can focus more on actual study for the exam. During the few weeks before exams I spend around 5 to 8 hours a day studying.. But it really depends on what kind of marks you want.

WOW 5-6 hours, are you normally studying after the tutes/Lectures?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
WOW 5-6 hours, are you normally studying after the tutes/Lectures?
You get STUVAC before the final exams so there are no lectures and tutorials. I think this is what zaqwerty is referring to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)